Highlighted

NFL SPONSORSHIP?

NFL SPONSORSHIP?

johnny247's avatar User  johnny247  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

Please reconsider your sponsorship of the NFL. Players have the right to disrespect the flag and our Country. I prefer to exercise my right to not be associated in any way with such idiots. 

Re: NFL SPONSORSHIP?

USAA Social Service's avatar User  USAA Social Service USAA Service

johnny247, our purpose in becoming a league sponsor was to honor and appreciate the military community, and that will continue to be our focus. Professional football continues to be among the most watched programming and through our sponsorship, an avenue for us to encourage America to join us in saying "thank you" to our military and their families. Thank you. -Cynthia

Krispirkle's avatar User  Krispirkle  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

If you sponser them, you are neither honoring nor appreciating the military community. How is the NFL encouraging America to respect and say "thank you" to our military if they can't even have their players show respect for our flag?! Our men come home dead underneath our flag! Cmon USAA do the right thing....

Phyll's avatar User  Phyll  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

My dad died at age 61 from Agent Orange poisoning from his time in Vietnam. He was in the peacekeeping forces in Korea. He became an officer in the field in WWII. The National Anthem is the song praising America. If not for the soldiers who fought, died, came home with horrible disabilities, our freedom would not be guaranteed. We all have 1st Amendment rights but disrespecting our country in this way is not the answer. Protest but don't disrespect. Ashamed of USAA and I've been a member for decades!

intangible's avatar User  intangible  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

Looks like that plan did not work. You need to regroup and get some new intel. 

Member-32 Years's avatar User  Member-32 Years  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

Well, I bet most of your membership is no longer watching.  I've been a member for 32 years and I have watched NFL games for 30 of them,  I quit watchng some teams last year and I am watching no teams nor any games this year!  Particularly upset about the teams representing the United States protesting while in London. 

John  C's avatar User  John C  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

I just called to begin canceling my USAA products. The offices are closed now so I'll call again in the morning. Credit card will be first. I have plenty of those. Insurance will be cancelled after that; I just have to find replacement coverage first. USAA, more than any other sponsor, should take the lead in dropping the NFL and sending a message. Absent that, this isn't the company I thought it was so I'll find other providers and send my own message.

real30yearcustomer's avatar User  real30yearcustomer  (Opens a pop up layer) Regular Contributor

You could instead sponsor sports and childrens sports activities in towns with a large military presence.

FMFdocyut's avatar User  FMFdocyut  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

Spare me the empty PC lines USAA. We know that if USAA had to choose between $$ and service member/Vets... $$ will always win.

GoldenRudy's avatar User  GoldenRudy  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

Time for USAA to stand up, re-think its sponsorship of the NFL, remove all funding for the NFL, and send that $$$ somewhere worthy.  Like it should have been done by noontime today, 25 Sep 17, Eastern.

Popular Topics
Close Pop-up