Highlighted

*** NFL PETITION ***

*** NFL PETITION ***

Stand United's avatar User  Stand United  (Opens a pop up layer) Esteemed Contributor

Total USAA Petition Participants: 185

Admin Note: For those tracking the Petition Count; the Top 5 Member Messages at the bottom of this page are being updated as we go as well.
Day: 11

Page 1 Format
1) Petition Instructions
2) Petition Statement
3) Two Related Short News Articles
4) Conclusion
5) Top 5 Member Messages to Senior Mgmt
Page 2 starts the List of Member Messages

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PETITION INSTRUCTIONS

Thank you for participating in the USAA Member NFL Petition encouraging USAA to End its Sponsorship of the NFL, and if that does not happen then calling for a change in USAA Senior Management.

USAA Members are now speaking with a unified and organized voice, with a combined list of our comments on record, and with our combined numbers.

Below is the NFL Petition Statement. If you agree with the conclusion of the Petition then reply with a short comment to this message. Please do not just tap on the thumbs up symbol, send an actual reply so your USAA Forum Call Sign can serve as a confirmation of each USAA Member for counting purposes. Please keep your comments relatively short and only send one reply for each member.

This multi-page Petition Post will be sent out each day with all of the updated member comments from the previous day included within the Post. Continue to let other USAA Members know about this NFL Petition.

To our fellow USAA Members, Thank You for your service to our Great Country, especially to all those currently deployed to the many hot spots around the world.

Airborne,
NFL Petition Command Center

NFL PETITION STATEMENT

USAA Senior Management,

It is said that Change occurs when the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of changing. How many more military personnel are going to have to leave our USAA Family on a daily basis over this NFL Sponsorship issue? Please review the growing list of member messages included with this Petition to see how many members have closed accounts or are in the process of closing accounts. Also, how many more USAA Members will have to continue to send comments to USAA complaining about this NFL Sponsorship issue? We are now coming up on a year of sending individual complaints to USAA on this issue, day after day, month after month. USAA, How much more pain will it take?

It always works best when the Senior Management of an organization shares and supports the views of the Member Base they represent. Let us be clear, USAA's Member Base consists of Patriotic, Country Loving, Flag Loving, American Military Patriots who ask not what their Country can do for them but ask what they can do for their Country. That is who we are. That is your Member Base, the US Military, and that is what makes USAA Unique from the other 31 Sponsors of the NFL.

Your Corporate Obligation to support your Member Base on issues that are very important to them and your Corporate Obligation to hold our USAA Family together should take priority over whatever your reasons are for continuing your Sponsorship of the NFL.

If those are not USAA's priorities and if the viewpoints of the Senior Management and the Member Base differ that greatly on such core beliefs then maybe the best solution for all concerned, and for USAA as an organization, is regrettably for the Senior Management to move on to some other Company with a customer base that shares their views and then let the appropriate USAA Governing Body select new Corporate Leaders who are in full agreement with the views of the USAA Member Base and who will continue on with supporting the Proud Military Values and Traditions that were so well supported by General McDermott during his term as USAA CEO. Then the conflict can finally come to an end and we can all live happily ever after.

END OF THE NFL PETITION STATEMENT

RELATED NEWS ARTICLE 1
(Abbreviated)

Published October 8, 2017
FoxNews.com

Headline: Vice President Mike Pence leaves Colts-49ers game after players kneel during anthem

"I left today's Colts game because @POTUS and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem," Pence tweeted.

RELATED NEWS ARTICLE 2
(Abbreviated)

Honolulu Star Advertiser 
Dec 7th, 2016
Pearl Harbor, Hawaii

75th Anniversary Ceremony of the Attack on Pearl Harbor

Headline: Admiral's national anthem remark scores with Pearl Harbor audience

"You can bet that the men and women we honor today and those who died that fateful morning 75 years ago never took a knee and never failed to stand whenever they heard our national anthem being played."

The Admiral's remarks at todays ceremony marking the 75th anniversary of the Japanese attack generated a lengthy standing ovation from the crowd, with people whistling and hooting. Thousands gathered for the event, held on a pier across the harbor from where the USS Arizona sank during the 1941 attack. 

CONCLUSION

Finally, among our entire list of member messages we offer next what we consider to be the Top 5 Member messages of advice for USAA Senior Management. If you take time to reflect on our Petition Statement, these 5 messages, all of the other member messages, and the public comments from a 4 Star Admiral and the Vice President of the United States on this issue, which are just above; then USAA Senior Management should have all the considerations you need to support your USAA Member Base and the members of the US Military on this NFL Sponsorship issue.

TOP 5 MEMBER MESSAGES FOR USAA SENIOR MGMT

SKFly
10-05-2017 06:09 AM
There comes a time in every command that a error in judgment occurs. A poor commander trudges through, continuing even though the error is realized. An effective commander uses wisdom and alters course, changing the operation with the realization of the error. The command of USAA is at a crossroads. The decision may decide whether the organization survives. Commander, it’s time to change course, stay with your team and not the NFL. We are members of USAA and we can see the possibility of a sinking ship even if you cannot.

AFFather
10-06-2017 11:44 AM
Every company makes a mistake, it's how you recover from poor decisions and move on that is the true test. PLEASE pull NFL ads immediately and respect the wishes of your members before we take our business and loyalty elsewhere.

MWS1
10-08-2017 09:15 AM
Disappointed with the lack of response from USAA management on their justification on supporting and advertising with an establishment that allows the desecration of the flag. Our flag represents the men and women that have sacrificed their lives to afford the freedoms that all Americans have. It is disrespectful to those brave souls who no longer have a voice. I love my country and I wish that USAA would at last come out and justify their stance to continue to disregard the dismay and concern of the so many USAA members that are angry. I agree with the petition.

Jim7k
10-07-2017 07:30 AM
I have been a member of the USAA association for nearly 50 years. I am ashamed of the way the leadership of this once patriotic organization has slipped into divisiveness. I do not support the USAA leadership's decision to be involved with the NFL.

RetiredArmy2011
10-11-2017 11:38 AM
Obviously, the BOD does not support or agree with the membership. I think this petition needs to be expanded to include a call for immediately replacing the BOD. IAW Article II, Section 2, a Special Meeting may be called if a petition signed by 1 percent of the members of USAA  exists. I propose that this petition be expanded to call for a Special Meeting to not only force a stop to the NFL sponsorship and advertising, but also to replace the Board of Directors, who obviously have forgotten that they work for the membership.

TO SEE THE FULL LIST OF MEMBER COMMENTS JUST GO DOWN SEVERAL MESSAGES ON THIS FORUM LIST AND YOU'LL SEE THE FULL NFL PETITION 9 PAGE POST FOR TODAY.

Re: *** NFL PETITION ***

30 year member1's avatar User  30 year member1  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

I fully support the petition.  I am ashamed of the USAA Leadership or should I re-state Lack of Leadership.  We all make mistakes but to continue on when you realize you have made a mistake is a much larger mistake and denotes poor leadership

DMAG1's avatar User  DMAG1  (Opens a pop up layer) Occasional Contributor

18 year member. I'm so disappointed with USAA that I have begun the process of moving nearly all my accounts to other companies. I'm disgusted everytime I think of USAA's continued support of the NFL. USAA is out of touch with its membership.

Armyfan's avatar User  Armyfan  (Opens a pop up layer) Occasional Contributor

I am amazed that USAA still considers doing business with the NFL. I find it strange that they have only 185 members sign the petition. Something not adding up...

Boomer1985's avatar User  Boomer1985  (Opens a pop up layer) Army Navy Contributor

USAA management please listen to your members. We are tired of the lack of respect the NFL shows to the flag, veterans, woman, and themselves. We do not want to support that kind of an organization. Please listen to us and stop doing business with NFL and advertising during their televised events.

Dcrocketman's avatar User  Dcrocketman  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

Stay the course USAA! Dont fall for fox news propaganda or this ignorant president who avoided serving on 5 occasions. This is why we go to war, to protect our freedom. Freedom of expression! Im happy our African American citizens can use this platform for such a critical issue. These players love our country snd our flag!

Matty4's avatar User  Matty4  (Opens a pop up layer) Frequent Contributor

LMAO Dcrotchman - "love our country" "snd our flag" You are hilarious, thanks for adding some humor to this otherwise sad state of affairs. On the serious side, USAA - please listen to vast majority of your members that view the protest by the NFL players to be insulting to our nation, our flag and the veterans who served to allow this asinine behavior. No one is attacking "Freedom!!" (can hear William Wallace shouting it now). I think we all agree for the most part that you have the right to be a pampered ingrate and a complete tool of liberal agenda. We just don't wish to condone such antics.

Jakesmom's avatar User  Jakesmom  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

USAA, please do not listen to these people who have fallen for the President 's misuse of patriotism. This has been a peaceful protest to bring attention to injustice to non white citizens by some members of the police force. This has nothing to do with disrespecting the flag. Stand firm in your support of the NFL.

support33's avatar User  support33  (Opens a pop up layer) Occasional Contributor

Agree with you and John McCain.  

Long-timeMember's avatar User  Long-timeMember  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

As a veteran and 30+year member of USAA, please pull your sponsorship of the NFL for their disgraceful and disrespectful behavior.

Robert Fox

Popular Topics
Close Pop-up