Highlighted

NFL PETITION / Primary

NFL PETITION / Primary

Stand United's avatar User  Stand United  (Opens a pop up layer) Prestigious Contributor

Total Petition Participants: 130
Day: 7
As of: 12 Oct 17

Page 1 Format
1) Petition Instructions
2) Petition Statement
3) Two Related Short News Articles
4) Conclusion
5) Top 5 Member Messages to Senior Mgmt
Page 2 starts the List of Member Messages

Thank you for participating in the USAA Member NFL Petition encouraging USAA to End its Sponsorship of the NFL. USAA Members are now speaking with a unified and organized voice, and with our combined numbers.

Below is the NFL Petition Statement. If you agree with the conclusion of the Petition then reply with a short comment to this Message. Please do not just tap on the thumbs up symbol, send an actual reply so your USAA Forum Call Sign can serve as a confirmation of each USAA Member for counting purposes. Please keep your comments relatively short and only send one reply for each member.

This multi-page Petition Post will be sent out each day with all of the updated replies from the previous day included within the Post. Continue to let other USAA Members know about this NFL Petition.

To give credit where credit is due, USAA Mgmt is obviously allowing us to conduct this Petition on the Forum and that is appreciated. As with any family, members should be allowed to express their honest views in a responsible manner and that is how this petition should be looked upon.

To our fellow USAA Members, Thank You for your service to our Great Country, especially to all those currently deployed to the many hot spots around the world.

Airborne,
NFL Petition Command Center

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NFL PETITION STATEMENT

It is said that Change occurs when the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of changing. USAA, how many more military personnel are going to have to leave our USAA Family on a daily basis over this NFL Sponsorship issue? Please review the growing list of member messages included with this Petition to see how many members have closed accounts or are in the process of closing accounts. Also, how many more USAA Members will have to continue to send comments to USAA complaining about this NFL Sponsorship issue? We are now coming up on a year of sending individual complaints to USAA on this issue, day after day, month after month. USAA, How much more pain will it take?

It always works best when the Senior Mgmt of an organization shares and supports the views of the Member Base they represent. Let us be clear, USAA's Member Base consists of Patriotic, Country Loving, Flag Loving, American Military Patriots who ask not what their Country can do for them but ask what they can do for their Country. That is who we are. That is your Member Base, the US Military. And that is what makes USAA Unique from the other 31 Sponsors of the NFL.

Your Corporate Obligation to support your Member Base on issues that are very important to them and your Corporate Obligation to hold our USAA Family together should take priority over whatever your reasons are for continuing your Sponsorship of the NFL.

If those are not USAA's priorities and if the viewpoints of the Senior Mgmt and the Member Base differ that greatly on such core beliefs then maybe the best solution for all concerned, and for USAA as an organization, is regrettably for the Senior Mgmt to move on to some other Company with a customer base that shares their views and then let the appropriate USAA Governing Body select new Corporate Leaders who are in full agreement with the views of the USAA Member Base and who will continue on with supporting the Proud Military Values and Traditions that were so well supported by General McDermott during his term as USAA CEO. Then the conflict can finally come to an end and we can all live happily ever after.

END OF THE NFL PETITION STATEMENT

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RELATED NEWS ARTICLE 1
(Abbreviated)

Published October 8, 2017
FoxNews.com

Headline: Vice President Mike Pence leaves Colts-49ers game after players kneel during anthem

"I left today's Colts game because @POTUS and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem," Pence tweeted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RELATED NEWS ARTICLE 2
(Abbreviated)

Honolulu Star Advertiser 
Dec 7th, 2016
Pearl Harbor, Hawaii

75th Anniversary Ceremony of the Attack on Pearl Harbor

Headline: Admiral's national anthem remark scores with Pearl Harbor audience

"You can bet that the men and women we honor today and those who died that fateful morning 75 years ago never took a knee and never failed to stand whenever they heard our national anthem being played."

The Admiral's remarks at todays ceremony marking the 75th anniversary of the Japanese attack generated a lengthy standing ovation from the crowd, with people whistling and hooting. Thousands gathered for the event, held on a pier across the harbor from where the USS Arizona sank during the 1941 attack. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CONCLUSION

Finally, among our entire list of member messages we offer next what we consider to be the Top 5 Member messages of advice for USAA Senior Mgmt. If USAA Mgmt reflects on our Petition Statement, these 5 messages, all of the other member messages, and the public comments on this issue from a 4 Star Admiral and the Vice President of the United States which are just above; then USAA Senior Mgmt should have all the considerations you need to support your USAA Member Base and the members of the US Military on this NFL Sponsorship issue.

TOP 5 MEMBER MESSAGES FOR USAA SENIOR MGMT

SKFly
10-05-2017 06:09 AM
There comes a time in every command that a error in judgment occurs. A poor commander trudges through, continuing even though the error is realized. An effective commander uses wisdom and alters course, changing the operation with the realization of the error. The command of USAA is at a crossroads. The decision may decide whether the organization survives. Commander, it’s time to change course, stay with your team and not the NFL. We are members of USAA and we can see the possibility of a sinking ship even if you cannot.

AFFather
10-06-2017 11:44 AM
Every company makes a mistake, it's how you recover from poor decisions and move on that is the true test. PLEASE pull NFL ads immediately and respect the wishes of your members before we take our business and loyalty elsewhere.

Stand Proud
10-04-2017 06:04 PM
In support of the specific decision that needs to be made, USAA Members are not taking issue with whatever the topic is the players are protesting, we are taking issue with the manner in which the players are protesting. Combine that thought with USAA's unique affiliation with the US Military and you would think most people would understand USAA telling the NFL that whenever you finish with the protests that show disrespect to our country in any way then let us know and we'll reconsider starting our Sponsorship again.

MWS1
10-08-2017 09:15 AM
Disappointed with the lack of response from USAA management on their justification on supporting and advertising with an establishment that allows the desecration of the flag. Our flag represents the men and women that have sacrificed their lives to afford the freedoms that all Americans have. It is disrespectful to those brave souls who no longer have a voice. I love my country and I wish that USAA would at last come out and justify their stance to continue to disregard the dismay and concern of the so many USAA members that are angry. I agree with the petition.

Jim7k
10-07-2017 07:30 AM
I have been a member of the USAA association for nearly 50 years. I am ashamed of the way the leadership of this once patriotic organization has slipped into divisiveness. I do not support the USAA leadership's decision to be involved with the NFL.

CONTINUE TO PAGE 2 FOR THE FULL LIST OF MEMBER COMMENTS

Re: NFL PETITION / Primary

Disappointed77's avatar User  Disappointed77  (Opens a pop up layer) Regular Contributor

Agreed. Drop disrespectful NFL

Harold M's avatar User  Harold M  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

Financially supporting blatant disrespect of our flag, national anthem, and basic American vallues is indefensible!

Why does USAA support this disrespect? Management is gutless! USAA needs to make a statement of support of its members by dropping advertising on NFL games immediately! If not I will be forced to look elsewhere for insurance and investments.

Liberty_Justice's avatar User  Liberty_Justice  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

USAA recognizes that their responsibity to support their community is far greater than the misleading and uneducated narrative behind NFL players kneeling. I applaud them for not backing down from their stance as a private business and upholding their own beliefs and standards. USAA has not publicly claimed to be a business supporting any disrespect to Service Members or the American Flag. Even the players kneeling have explained their reasonings, but still the blind and deaf are able to grasp the situation at hand better than those on this petition. The idea of NFL players having the capability of voicing their frustrations with an unjust system and being reprimanded or fired for silently protesting is exactly what this “Protest” represents. Trying to hide behind these ignorant allegations of disrespecting Service Members while kneeling is the same mentality of reprimanding Service Men and Women for not participating in prayer at formal events. You believe that your God provides for your safe return from battle so continue to pray and serve the country you swore to defend. USAA recognizes that these NFL players are entertainers who have a right to protest the unequal treatment of every non white US citizen. I remember protests during OIF 03-04 with numerous acts of disrespect towards the American Flag, myself, and my entire unit as we were returning from Iraq. The American Flag and the National Anthem not only represents unity in America, but it also represents a life of freedom from being targeted or killed because you looked a certain way, worshipped a certain way, and dressed a certain way. The American Flag represent so much power, strength, and commitment, but it also reminds us of the struggles our country has endured. All of the men in my family have served in the Army and I was the first to actually volunteer for enlistment. As a woman in the Army, you have a taste of unequal treatment amongst your brothers in arms, but you already knew men and women are not equal. Today women are doing much more in combat units than I ever expected and I personally have no interest in such a position. I do however respect their accomplishments in achieving the combat positions from their persistent hard work.

My great aunt died at 107 years old on Monday. Her husband, brothers, male cousins, and sons were all forced to serve during the times when Black Lives did not matter. They were not allowed the same pay and entitlements as whites. Even Mexicans were treated better than “colored” after returning from their service commitments. Black Lives did not matter until around the 1970’s when desegregation was actually implemented in the military. Well today many black men and young boys have been shot and killed for less than a traffic ticket. Sounds like “Making America Great Again” means senseless killings without being reprimanded.

Consider the actual families who have been tormented with memories of how their loved died because he looked intimidating as he ran away or argued with a police officer. Do you honestly think that none of the NFL players have a family member that has been harmed or killed due to this hatred? What if an NFL player lost a son to this violence and it was made public. Would that meet your qualification for him to protest?

USAA is obviously holding itself at a higher level than all of you who are supporting this idea that this is an act of disrespect. Instead of joining the clan, actually do some research on each player of their background and you will see that they grew up in the same environment as the victims of these unjust killings. If you’re a Service Member or a Veteran, you should know what is expected of you when faced with a life or death situation. Our country is not known for suicide bombings so why are these police officers so anxious to kill before being killed? What Service Member is shooting an unarmed child running away or an unarmed man without being reprimanded by the Chain of Command?

Many non white families have ancestors who were wounded or died for this country while serving and (until the Korean War) they were never even recognized for their services. If you think google and the history you learned in school is the whole truth, then you really need to visit the non white Veterans at your local nursing home for Veterans. If you still don’t believe their life stories, the you will continue to be part of the problem in the United States of America.

[ Edited ]

DAVE_MEMBER123456's avatar User  DAVE_MEMBER123456  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

The US Flag and the national anthem stand for something. Caskets at military funerals aren't draped with the NFL flag. The grieving spouse isn't presented with a crisply folded Colin Kaepernick jersey. Even it taken at face-value, these so-called protests are ineffective, insulting and misguided. They are nothing more than a chance for ingrates to grab some notoriety. Any organization (USAA) that supports through sponsorship this idiotic and disrespectful behavior deserves to have its precious membership thinned. 

I have given USAA until October 15 to make a statement withdrawing their support or I will remove all my business. That includes:

- Homeowners Insurance

- Life Insurance

- Auto Insurance (4 cars, 2 motorcycles)

- Marine Insurance

- Bank acounts

- Investment accounts

Shadowfax's avatar User  Shadowfax  (Opens a pop up layer) Contributor

Our family has a long standing HISTORY with USAA, but with this sorrowful support of the NFL in a lack of respect for our country and values, we will have to move on if this continues......😟
Popular Topics
Close Pop-up