Highlighted

NFL PETITION / Page 6

NFL PETITION / Page 6

Stand United's avatar User  Stand United  (Opens a pop up layer) Prestigious Contributor

Page 6 of 7

Helosales
10-10-2017 08:38 AM
This is not the USAA I grew up with as an Air Force brat, and not the one I have personally used since the early 70's when I began my military career. Shame on the lack of courage and silence of our current management team. Have they forgotten where they came from? Perhaps it is the current makeup of the BoD and staff with personnel(s) who possess no service experience? To our BoD's, please cease sponsorship of the NFL until such time as it earns the right to use our membership's funds that were partially or mostly earned by dedicated service to this nation and flag which they refuse to honor.

Donkey1
10-10-2017 11:29 AM
Stop the advertising with the NFL.

User  
milleman
10-10-2017 01:00 PM
Sent a typed letter to Stuart Parker, received a scripted reply from a Member Relations rep indicating that USAA has no plans to end USAA's role as the Official Military Appreciation Sponsor of the NFL. This is sad because my parents are buried in Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery. My father is a WWII veteran.  Two of my childhood friends returned from Vietnam in flag draped coffins. If we don't honor the sacrifices of our military men and women then anarchy will replace patriotism. USAA must either discontinue their relationship with the NFL or insist that the NFL penalize the players protesting our National Anthem. 

Theo Landaker
10-10-2017 07:42 AM
Stop support for the NFL Please. You are disrespecting your members.

User  
ProwlerGuy
10-10-2017 08:44 AM
I fully support this petition, but want to comment to all of the other supporters, if you signed this and have NOT started to terminate your relationship with USAA then you are a very well intended enabler.  After all of the posts on this topic, it's clear they don't care about this feedback.  You have to hit them in thier bottom line. 
I started moving my accounts last week and quickly discovered what thier Reps comments 'Thank You for being a 29 year member!' got me...a false sense of value and military community.  I just got a 110 basis point bump on my savings account by moving to Ally Bank with ZERO years of membership.  What a fool I was!
Their position on the NFL protests is inexcusable.  Turn it into a positive for yourself!  For me, it was a wake-up call to explore other options...and a big time increase in $$$ in my pocket, while choking the flow of my funds to the NFL America Haters

ADC-101
10-10-2017 09:12 AM
USAA - what are you thinking?  Is the leadership really that self-absorbed that they fail to listen to its membership? Drop the NFL!!

DWinMadison
10-10-2017 07:39 PM
27 year member and part of a 3-generation USAA family. You members have been clear in their opposition to USAA's adversity support of the NFL based on their allowing employees/players to openly disrespect our national symbols. The question is simple: Do your advertising dollars (i.e. use of member-derived funds) reflect the values of the majority of your members or some other external system of ideals? Please make the right decision.

ChaplainCharlie
10-10-2017 08:15 PM
I am ashamed of USAA.  I'm disappointed with the board.  
I've alread moved my direct deposits and most of my money to another bank.  I just need to close the account and credit card now.
Next I start looking for a good insurance agent,  My $500 monthly premiums will not be missed, but I will not stand with USAA if USAA refused to stand.  
30+ year relationship, done. 

Uxotech2
10-10-2017 04:58 PM
I was born and raised as an Air Force brat, and later married into the military. I am disgusted that USAA is still a sponsor of the NFL! Do our military members mean that little to a company that claims "we know what it's like to serve"? The whole slogan, "once a member, always a member" may be going away unless you take action! I swore I'd be with USAA forever, but I love my country more and demand respect, no matter how many millions you make a year, throwing pigskin around on Sundays. God Bless America, and God Bless our military for our freedom. Make a change, USAA, or a lot of your members will. Stop supporting the NFL!

SONBIRD
10-11-2017 05:25 AM
I joined USAA in November 1955.  I have been a backer of them all along with getting many people to join.  All 8 of my children are members and all of my grandchildren.  
But I have one son that has pulled out totally and others that are getting ready.  
This is the first time that I have seen them do something so stupid as to stay with the NFL.  Phil Long Ford in Denver pulled all of its ads until this is over, if it ever is, and that would be the least USAA should do.  
Great USAA get out NOW.

Papa934
10-11-2017 08:24 AM
Add my name to the growing list.  I have been a member since 1979 and will be shopping for a new company for my insurance and banking needs if you don't support your membership base and continue this poorly thought out course of action.  There are plenty of other venues to reach the demographics you are seeking.  Go sponsor ESPN, Fox Sports, or any other number of network sports highlight shows.  Keep the revenue from the NFL and it's players.  Papa934, member for nearly 30 years and soon to be gone.

RetiredArmy2011
10-11-2017 11:38 AM
Obviously, the BOD does not support or agree with the membership. I think this petition needs to be expanded to include a call for immediately replacing the BOD. IAW Article II, Section 2, a Special Meeting may be called if a petition signed by 1 percent of the members of USAA  exists. I propose that this petition be expanded to call for a Special Meeting to not only force a stop to the NFL sponsorship and advertising, but also to replace the Board of Directors, who obviously have forgotten that they work for the membership.

Bat Bigham
10-11-2017 06:26 AM
Stop supporting the NFL with ads yesterday. I have just priced GEICO and they will save me significantly on my auto insurance. I have been with USAA for almost 35 years, but I will not stay any longer if a change in policy isn't made.

Oh, say can you see
10-11-2017 07:21 AM
USAA, there is no Honor or Appreciation in your message to Veterans like myself, USAA is a disgrace!!
Stop the sponsorship of the NFL, and rebate the funds to your customers or allocate those funds to those in need from the recent Hurricanes.

Nighthawk6
10-11-2017 01:06 PM
After 33 years of membership I have started canceling USAA accounts, moving my USAA assets, and diverting new income to other financial institutions compatible with respect for our Country's National Anthem and Flag. Sad since my Dad (26 year Army Veteran) was an early member for more than 50 years who inspired my two brothers and I to serve our great Country (all are "currently" are USAA members). 
I am not the only American Veteran making this change.  It will be a disappointing USAA legacy unless there is a change in its loyalty calculus.  I do hope USAA can make the change so I can continue to be a member.
USAA - DROP NFL SPONSORSHIP NOW

LGB1955
10-11-2017 01:11 PM
As a member of USAA for 38 years I was shocked and disheartened to discover that USAA was one of the supporters of the NFL, when I received the list of advertisers to boycott. You have seen what these people have done, their disrespect for our flag and country. What are you waiting for? You know the right thing to do! Do we have a Roger Goodell in charge of USAA as well? Make a Command decision, YOUR TROOPS WILL RESPECT AND STAND BEHIND YOU!

ProudNavyVet2
10-11-2017 02:12 PM
We should send a message to those UNGRATEFUL NFL players that their actions are not tolerated.  Rescind the sponsorship.

Go to Page 7
Popular Topics
Close Pop-up