Highlighted

NFL PETITION / Page 4

NFL PETITION / Page 4

Stand United's avatar User  Stand United  (Opens a pop up layer) Esteemed Contributor

Page 4 of 7

USA-for-Life
10-07-2017 08:24 PM
USAA.....You have violated our trust.

TankerPaul
10-07-2017 08:40 PM
they have a right to protest. As long as their employers allow them to they can even protest at work.
Their right to protest doesn't mean I have to agree with their stance or how they do it.
We have the right to change the channel and we have the right to express ourselves as well. Raising our right hand didn't take that right away.

Maj Todd
10-07-2017 04:04 AM
Had USAA since 2001, my wife mentioned checking out Navy Federal because we do not approve of sponsoring the NFL. Navy Federal got our business and best of all beat USAA by 2 points. Drop the thugs http://nflarrest.com.

jfox1
10-07-2017 08:39 AM
The decision to remain an official sponsor of the NFL against the will of the majority of members and then explain it is because USAA supports the military is just another example of the decline of this organization.  Like many who have posted here, it is unbelievable the decline in services over the last year or so.  Also like many here, we have begun the migration of our accounts: savings, checking, investment, auto, home and other services.  Sadly, I have experiences with each recently and have found them to not be the USAA of the past.  As we move accounts we are finding others are competitive, if not more competitive, and the USAA advantage is no longer.  

Former 2T2
10-07-2017 06:49 PM
Member since 1998. I support this petition. Its not about denying the rights of NFL playets to protest, its about it being inappropriate to use the money of vetetans to fund it. My investments are moving to Vanguard.

Member31
10-07-2017 06:48 AM
Stop supporting the NFL! Listen to your membership.
I joined USAA over 25 years ago because I thought it was different, stood for doing the right thing, had integrity as an organization. The tepid response by USAA management (no leadership here!) to the NFL issue is offensive and cowardly.
Going forward I will actively seek to direct my economic activity away from USAA and towards organizations with values congruent with mine.
I am so disappointed. Maybe a group of us current and former service members can get together and form a new organization that has values congruent with our core values.
Shame on the managers of USAA for failing us on the issues that really matter.
I wish I could vote you out instead of having to leave my own fraternal organization!

EasyRider37
10-07-2017 04:04 PM
NFL sponsorship is inappropriate for a military service organization like USAA.  I dont understand why they are so dismissive of their long time members.  I hope they reconsider their decision to contiue sponsorship until the NFL requires its players to stand for the anthem. I am definitely reconsidering my decision to continue to invest with USAA.

Old jet et
10-07-2017 10:54 AM
Member since 1968. I too intend to leave this company which doesn't even have the courtesy to respond to the concerns of its membership.

10-07-2017 02:50 PM
From a 30 year member:
This company has decided that profit is more important than representing its current customer base.  Profit over Principle.  They gain much more from associating with the NFL than they do from a few disgruntled customers.  Their current PR response to this protest is "we have no plans to discontinue NFL sponsorship."  What they don't understand is that their best advertising came from its loyal and patriotic customer base, not a 30 second commercial spot that people use to go to the bathroom or get another snack.  This petition will do nothing to change their position UNLESS it hits them where it hurts.  Customers threatening to leave, but holding out against hope that things will change, only lends tacit acceptance of this company's current course.  If you are really offended by their support of a seditious activity, leave.  As of today I have replaced my insurance products with GEICO (more coverage for less), my investments are with VANGUARD, and my USAA credit card has been placed on the shredder.

Active Service Membe
10-08-2017 06:44 AM
I encourage USAA to immediately pull all sponsorship of the NFL. The league and its players are disrespecting the flag, our national values and our service members.

NM48
10-08-2017 08:14 AM
I fully support this petition. This is definitely a much better approach then the individual messages which have flooded this site for the past few weeks. I trust an overwhelming response will finally get through to the tone-deaf "leaders" (?) of our organization.

MWS1
10-08-2017 09:15 AM
Disappointed with the lack of response from USAA management on their justification on supporting and advertising with an establishment that allows the desecration of the flag. Our flag represents the men and women that have sacrificed their lives to afford the freedoms that all Americans have. It is disrespectful to those brave souls who no longer have a voice. I love my country and I wish that USAA would at last come out and justify their stance to continue to disregard the dismay and concern of the so many USAA members that are angry. I agree with the petition.

Army FA
10-08-2017 10:48 AM
I agree with the post. Been a member 44 yrs. Saddened and disappopinted by USAA's response to the " political action" of the NFL against our flag and really our country. I am transferring college 529 accounts to Vanguard. Please reconsider and return to USAA core values. 

User  
TankerPaul
10-08-2017 06:44 AM
https://www.youngcons.com/nfl-players-union-is-partnering-with-george-soros-to-bankroll-the-anti-tru...
USAA, you're being mentioned alongside that great "patriot" George Soros on Facebook. I've had USAA since the early 1980's and I wish you'd review your stance. A lot of your members view their protest as disrespectful to the flag they have folded and presented to family members.

Go Vols!
10-08-2017 10:14 AM
I urge USAA to stop sponsoring the NFL. I’ve already moved my car insurance but would love to come back if USAA will do the right thing. Once again the players have every right to protest but this is not the type of organization I want to be affiliated with through USAA.

TexGranny
10-08-2017 11:20 AM
As an 33 year employee of USAA (now retired), i am shocked that USAA is continuing to advertise on the NFL.  I read in the Express News that USAA had discontinued its advertising on the Sean Hanity show on Fox News.  I didn't know that until now.  USAA must have found something offensive on the Hanity show, something that went against its core values, something would embarrass USAA with current member/customers and the marketplace of future members/customers.  I can't imagine what Hannity and his guests said or did that was more offensive than what the NFL players are doing. 
I looked through USAA.com and didn't find a position statement on why USAA has decided to continue advertising with the NFL.
Just one more question...If I had done something during my employment to disrepect the flag, would I have been fired?

Sdh
10-08-2017 01:39 PM
I agree with this petition. USAA should no longer support those who disrespect our country.

esdogman
10-08-2017 03:19 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with the petition. Stop supporting unpatriotic venues. It is unamerican and disgraces those that have fought so unselfishly for our freedom.

DumptheNFL
10-08-2017 03:30 PM
We posted a comment several weeks ago and filed a grievance and USAA Management did not even have the decency to reply. I hope this grabs their attention. I plan on voting ever current Director OUT!

CONTINUE TO PAGE 5

Popular Topics
Close Pop-up