homeless veterans

homeless veterans

lawrence.neff's avatar User  lawrence.neff  (Opens a pop up layer) Occasional Visitor

Are there any program's to assist a homeless veteran with housing?

Re: homeless veterans

navydoc45's avatar User  navydoc45  (Opens a pop up layer) New Member

Hello Lawrence

I would suggest starting off "local" - many communities have a designated "Veteran's Agent" (maybe not that exact title, but close) - someone who has the subject matter knowledge and expertise to advise veterans of all types about assistance for housing, employment, medical benefits, education, etc.  I've used them to capture info on a lot of veteran's issues for family and friends and they've been great!

Your town or city offices should be able to help point you in the right direction.  If not, try connecting with the folks at your local veteran's gropups: VFW, American Legion, etc.

Best of luck.

Brian M. Hoffman

HM1,USN - prior (1963-1972)

stephg_24's avatar User  stephg_24  (Opens a pop up layer) Occasional Visitor

The va in Minnesota has living quarters for homeless vets

Steff63's avatar User  Steff63  (Opens a pop up layer) Regular Visitor

Try wounded warrior program

RAS-CJC's avatar User  RAS-CJC  (Opens a pop up layer) Visitor

Start with va.gov.  Many resources from Feds as well links to state programs.  Also, there is a hotline for vets in jepardy of becoming homeless.  God bless and god luck.

Desron1's avatar User  Desron1  (Opens a pop up layer) Occasional Visitor

Yes - Every VA Medical Center has a special program for homeless Vets.
For immediate needs there are special contracts with local shelters. As you continue to work the problem you can become eligible for special HUD/VASH government subsidy programs wherby Vets get apartment rentals at subsidized prices.
Again, I recommend you contact your local VA Medical Center and ask for contact info, including days of the week and times when they have open houses where you can drop in and register and begin the process.
If you are currently homeless they can identify shelters that you can access immediately.

OORAH Semper Fi's avatar User  OORAH Semper Fi  (Opens a pop up layer) Visitor

You have got to be joking!

WWP is a complete scam to make a fortune for the executives in charge, let's not even start with their anti-2nd amendment stance.

There is a lot more information on the net on this scam.

I add a PP.S. to this. WWP has been using fake wounded warriors at their sponsored events as well. This came to light very recently

Popular Topics
Close Pop-up