Highlighted
My families experience with USAA was generally a positive one until we went through the home buying process.
A couple years ago we were fortunate enough to be in the position to buy a house. During the home buying process a representative hired by USAA came to appraise the house and afterward we got the thumbs up.
Two months later an insurance guy came to assess our house and they terminated our homeowners insurance because our roof needs repair. The guy who inspected the house and the guy who appraised the house never said anything negative about the house. If they had we would have likely pursued a different property or negotiated a deal with the sellers to include repair costs.
They imposed an insurance policy on us without making it fully apparent the effects it would have on our escrow account. Several months later we are in the red and trying to figure out where the mistake began and how to fix it.
Being an accounting major, I spend a lot of time running numbers and the monthly statements are not in enough detail for my liking. So when we called to have someone explain to use what is going on we had at least five dropped called and countless transfers to various factions of the USAA family. Finally we ended our call nightmare with a customer service rep that wouldn't let me even explain the issue and instead talked down to us from the moment we got on the phone.
I am not one to lose my temper but I screamed at him when he wouldn't let me get in a word edgewise. Finally I just hung up on him.
We are moving as many accounts away from USAA as possible and I will be spreading my story to ALL my service member friends. This disgraceful performance will not go unnoticed.

Have a good day!

3 REPLIES

Highlighted
Good for you. I too am very unhappy with usaa. They are not USAA anymore. I guess they have been outsourced like everything else.
Highlighted
I have had a similar nightmare with usaa. I don't think it's the company but rather the particular customer service representative you get on the phone. I kept calling back until I got someone that didn't have an attitude from hello.
Highlighted
THAT'S UNFORTUNATE, I THINK USAA IS AWESOME I DO EVERYTHING THROUGH THEM GOT MY HOUSE THROUGH USAA BUT FINANCED WITH A DIFFERENT BANK WHICH I DIDN'T LIKE BUT I WAS ABLE TO REFINANCE MY HOME AND USAA GAVE ME A BETTER DEAL I PAY 470 A MONTH FOR MY MORTGAGE