Frequent Contributor

Shelter Insurance just offered to give me MORE coverage on my homeowners’ insurance for $200 less per year. I've been with USAA for 24 years (claim free) and you are supposed to offer more value for Military Members. How is this benefit when Shelter Insurance comes right in with no history with me and offers better coverage for substantially less? Where is the USAA loyalty?

1 REPLY

Highlighted
I stay with USAA insurance because of the service provided if you even need to use the insurance. Remember, the cheapest bid is not always going to get you the complete coverage and timely service that other companies "promise". Remember that you also receive cash back from USAA at the beginning of each year, depending on claims made. This cash back puts my insurance costs back in line with most other insurance company rates. The only claim that I have had in over 30 years as a homeowner was when Katrina hit my home. USAA was one of the only insurance companies that took care of customers like me in a very timely and satisfactory way. Most insurance companies took months, if not years and in some cases lawsuits to get your own insurance company to make their own customers whole again. In fact, many major insurance companies were soo bad, that the companies were kicked out of the state and not allowed to write insurance for anyone for a few years.