Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Do you find yourself reading more during the summer with the luxury of longer days? In the evening, part of my wind down routine is some downtime with a good book.

USAA Community Summer Reading.jpg

I recently finished reading The Last Mrs. Parish by Liv Constantine and Celtic Empire by Clive Cussler. I lean toward fiction, but enjoy and occasional memoir as well. For example, what I am listening to on audio, #IMomSoHard by Kristen Hensley and Jen Smedley.

Community Manager Chad Storlie, just shared some of his favorite professional development books, have you seen his list?

What are you reading? Share a few of your favorite summer reads in the comments!

Keep Reading:

Free Professional Development Resources - eBooks

5 REPLIES

Highlighted
Hi, Briana
Thanks for asking. I'm reading Begin Again by Leeana Tankerskey. I'm reading it slowly due to other obligations and that just feels right to me as well in order to really turn it over in my mind. It resonates with me in many ways so I'm enjoying it. Plus, it's fitting for the new year. 🙂
Highlighted

Hi @Sakagawea, thank you for sharing! One of the best parts of reading is that you get to do it at your pace, on your time. The idea that you're reading Begin Again in a way that feels right to you makes it an even better experience. Don't forget to check back in when you're finished to let us know how it was! ~Holland

Highlighted

My policy, because you folks phukked me over pretty good because I didn't understand it.

Highlighted

This is very concerning to read, U-S-A-A...Sux. This is not the experience we want our members to ever have to encounter. I would like to forward your information over to our subject matter experts to review your account. If you can kindly private message the details of the situation for their review.

Highlighted

No, I'm not PM-ing you. I'm not gonna hide behind closed doors. Your company wrongfully and disgustingly denied my homeowners claim. Your company claimed "aging; wear and tear" despite a storm that's documented by the national weather service. Now, I'm told that's not the reason why I was denied. I'm told "aging, wear and tear" but given no details or explanations. Then, the claims agent tells me my compositie shingle roof tiles that are 13 years old are "old" even though their rated for 25 years. You folks that don't understand what "aging; wear and tear is"... it's like a catchall. Like article 134 of the ucmj. 
yes I have an older home. Yes I have an older barn. But they are well kept, and recently passed a VA hom loan inspection. USAA agreed to insure my home. They knew it was older, and they knew it recently passed inspection. And refuse to acknowledge that maybe, just maybe a wind storm and rain maybe caused it. Which also there was an advisory for severe wind and rain warning from the national weather service.
this is dangerous for all homeowners, and I'll tell you why. If you end up with major damage, and USAA can link it to "wear and tear" absolutely no part of your policy is useable. Your policy covers not your home or property, or any other damage to your property or another's if it were bad enough.  
Now, you may be thinking, that's with an old home. That's not true. Newer homes are often built with wet wood. As a new home settles you tend to get cracks and movement. Like me in my previous home. After a year, the warranty was up, and ALL the cabinets shifted. Guess what? The wood aged... not covered. I didn't report that claim, because as luck would have it, homes were still being built and I just found the cabinet guys and paid them on the side to fix it.

After a lot of research, I figured out I'm not the only one to be victim to this. I'm told this provision is "industry standard". Since when did it become standard to deceive people?