Wasteful Home claims dept: Not so Competent nor Honest.

Highlighted
Contributor

Funny story  but true,  and to most you serious waste and incompetence.

30 year member. I have all the banking and insurance services.

1. Home water damage $12,000.00, walls, floor, pluming.

Claims inspector arrives. I receive a payment and a note stating additional amount will be sent when work final, after USAA receives receipts, a final  INSPECTION may be required. (I AM FOR THAT)!

. I am a Archaeologist in the field and not home for periods, the work well documemnted with me sending in Photo;s often, along with receipts.( I was told no one does this!

USAA lost  or misplaced most of the receipts or  just trashed them. The photo's show the extensive work.

I never sent in the final receipts and labor  before USAA representatives close the  claim!

they claim they  received $600.00 in receipts. But never received the finals.

No inspection of the work?

So catch 22. the work is completed, it is exstensive I sent in photo's and receipts, and USAA claims no inspection needed as i only spent $660.00. on new walls 3 new doors, a new floor, and plumbing.

Actually the $660.00 only covers the doors.

So now i have an Attorney.

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

MORAL OF THE STORY. 

FRAUD IS RAMPID THESE DAYS, WHY WOULD AN INSURANCE COMPANY NOT INSPECT WORK  BEFORE THEY  PAYOUT ON RECEIPTS THAT COULD BE FRAUD?

Highlighted

If you have rental reimbursement and rent a car from a company other than Enterprise expect to get screwed in the claims reimbursement process and plan on spending a lot of time as well.

Why would you rent from someone other than USAA's supplier, Enterprise, and have them direct bill USAA you ask?  Because you want the extra coverage provided free with most credit cards when you rent a car such as $0 deductibles.

But then try and get reimbursed from USAA for claims. A long process wherein they delay, call you a liar, lose your paperwork, attempt to get your repair shop to pay some of your reimbursement and leave you having to explain to your cc company the fight you are going through to get YOUR money. Ridiculous. USAA is a good buy on insurance, until you have to make a claim.