Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My wife and I have been with USAA for 14 years same accounts no changes checking savings and IRA . We noticed all Activities stopped on our account. My VA disability was being rejected from being deposited I contacted the bank and after multiple holds and transfers I was told that my wife is North Korean and they have frozen my account. I assure you she is not North Korean her last name is Park USSA claims that some one entered her in the system as a North Korean Really 14 years of accounts and now we are labeled as North Korean we served our country for 13, years including combat tour in Iraq. USAA ALSO informed me that they can not do anything about the loss of my direct deposit from VA and I need to sort that out with VA and prove to USAA THAT WE ARE NOT NORTH KOREANS
USAA: " we know what it means to serve"??
All people with foreign last names be prepared to have your accounts frozen!!

6 REPLIES

Highlighted
It sounds like your wife's name is similar to that of Kim Jong-Un. You do know that Park is the English version of Kim, right? It also sounds like USAA is under pressure from banking regulators to root out North Koreans and exclude them from the banking system. It's not USAA's fault -- you should be crying to the Federal Reserve and Treasury Department. So, I stead of whining about it, just send USAA a copy of your wife's US passport.
Highlighted
Full Bird Thanks for reply. The passport and all documents have been sent in. I bet you would not be very happy if you could not write checks or get paid. Easier to stand on the side and guide me to take it up with treasury department. try to pick up the phone and call the treasury department and see if anyone even answers your concerns while you can't pay your rent because your bank had frozen your account.
Highlighted
USAA can do nothing about the Treasury Department's rules on foreign nationals from North Korea. Quit being a drama queen and call Treasury. If you knew how to use the phone book and dial a phone a phone you'd be surprised how easy it is to connect with someone in Treasury who handles these issues. Instead, however, you are here whining like a two-year-old and lying about not being able to get paid. It's easy to reroute a direct deposit. And if you saved your money instead of drinking it, you'd have a few $$ to help you through this difficult time.
Highlighted
FB, you are fighting fire with a bazooka. Grow up, you seem to combine relevant responses with childish and pithy comments that are totally unnecessary. If you do care about helping, try using honey to catch flies. I guess its possible you are this Gruber tool that is just trying to make himself look smart.
Highlighted

FullBird, Your comments proove that you are a total idiot!!!

Pick up your phone book and call the number" 1-800 I am a total idiot" It is under "i" if you can not read. Or if you had too many drinkds with your redneck buddies.

For now leave the USAA comment page for people who actually have reall issues not being addressed by the bank they have trusted.

BBB AccreditationU S A A Auto Insurance is not BBB Accredited.

To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public. - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/insurance-companies/u-s-a-a-auto-insurance-in...