Frequent Contributor

I find it difficult to believe that so many members of USAA  hold Tucker Carlson and Fox in such contempt.  I would be extremely disappointed if USAA were to cut ties with either.  As of this evening USAA was still advertising on Carlson's show and for that, I thank the decision makers at USAA.  Tucker is a commentator and not a reporter and, as such, is a counterbalance to the a commentators on the more (Often much more) liberal networks.  Confronational? Yes.  Politically Correct? No.  Racist, homophobe, white supremacist, misogynist, and all the other "ists" you can conjure up, or fabricate-NO!   I vote for USAA maintaining its current relationship with Fox and continue advertising on Carlson's show.  I've been a proud member of USAA for 50+ years and would hate to see this great organization buckle to the few and the loudest.

2 REPLIES

First- I don't think any posts are against Fox news.  USAA should advertise on actual news shows all they want.

Maddow, Carlson, Hannity aren't news shows. They are opinion shows, carefully designed to manipulate and inflame their audiences to drive clicks and advertising dollars.  I don't see how this type of programming is helpful to a well functioning democracy. 

Specific to Carlson, his comments on white supremacy are alarming.  Ditto for his remarks on immigrants.  I could find similar comments by Hannity and Maddow.

Of course, this speech is protected by the 1st amendment.  But that doesn't mean money from me, or any other member should go to support the millions of dolllars these people make.  And, why USAA wants their brand associated with them is bewildering to me.  There are plenty of other places to advertise.

Hope that helps explain the posts against Carlson.

Not at all, my comments stand.  By the way, there are several posts advocating USAA no longer advertising on Fox, much less, on Carlson's show.  We'll just have to disagree on this one.