Highlighted
Contributor

THE USAA DOES NOT HELP DISABLED VIETNAM VETS... APPLIED FOR LOAN AND WAS REFUSED. AND WENT TO MY CREDIT UNION LOAN APPROVED....WHY LIE ON TV AND IN YOUR ADDS IF NOT TRUE,THAT YOU'LL HELP VETS

4 REPLIES

Highlighted

i just recently finished up with USAA for an auto collision, and do I feel totally screwed over, my vehicle was a BRAND NEW vehicle, barely 3 months old, sticker priced at 24K and I was PAID out 19k for the vehicle, they told me that was the current vehicle worth...really? now I have an additional 5k I need to pay off with no vehicle in my driveway.....for those whom served, you would think there at least one organization (bank) that would look out for those that served this great country honerably. I will NOT recommend this organization to anyone looking for a square dealing bank, obviously the ads on the television lie about this organization.

EXTREMLY DISATISIFIED

Highlighted

We got "ours".  Disappointed in treatment of my husband following his severe traffic accident.  USAA won't pay for repairs despite our many years of paying them for numerous policies.  This company has made big bucks off of our contributions.  I get sick everytime we see those syrupy tv commercials with the kids mouthing, "I got mine."  USAA must be getting panicky.

Highlighted

23yrs, did you happen to buy gap insurance when you bought your vehicle?  I suspect not. You do know that as soon as you drive off the dealer's lot a new car depreciates an instant 20% or so, right?  You learned a hard lesson.  Not USAA's fault.

Highlighted

Rangeguy, if you have sloppy credit why is it USAA's fault?  There are numerous reasons why credit unions have lower standards than banks.

I, for one, am glad that USAA only lends *my* money to creditworthy individuals.  If you need a handout, try Navy Relief.