Highlighted

Never lived in Texas and was wondering if any one knew of or have suggestions of where to buy a house, I would appreciate it. My husband and I will relocate in early Feb 2014 and I am stressing about about it a bit.

3 REPLIES

Highlighted
It will all depend on what region of Texas you will be moving to. We have all sectors of the US in Texas. 1. East Texas = Trees, humidity, hurricanes, Thunderstorms, and mosquitos. A lot like Jacksonville, NC 2. West Texas = Less trees, high winds, tornadoes, snow, and a dryer climate. A lot like 29 Palms, CA with grass. 3. Dallas and North Texas = rolling plains, humidity, trees with more trees, and snow. A lot like Oklahoma or VA area. 4. Southern Texas = Mexico.............
Highlighted
We were stationed at Ft. Hood for 4 years. The first year we lived in Temple. We then built a house in Harker Heights. There are many things to do in the area: Outlet malls in San Marcos and New Braunfuls; San Antonio, Dallas, or Austin are close enough for fun weekend trips; Water parks. River tubing, canoeing, and rafting on the Guadelupe River; Amusement parks, history....you name it. If you have an adventurous spirit, you will love it there. There are barbeque cook-offs and/or small town festivals almost every weekend somewhere in Texas. The people there are GREAT! Some of the closest friends I have, I met while we lived in Texas! We would love to go back there!
Highlighted
I have lived in Austin an dallas an I love them both well I fell out of love with Austin due to the influx of illegal immigrants an the cost of living..now dallas on the other hand is super huge an you get more bang for your buck when it comes to buying a home a lil bit of everything to do from family functions to just having a grown mature night out on the town.. I am actually moving from here this summer back to charlotte definitely going to miss this place plan on visiting quite often..good luck