Highlighted
Contributor
Hello Everyone, my name is Michael. Most people call me Mike. I don’t like not knowing people that I have a chance to get to know. That statement might get me drug tested, but it’s what I meant. I’m from a small city in Texas and I know most everyone in just about all walks of life. My wife would get embarrassed on vacations because I always found an opportunity to meet someone or more than once ran into someone I already knew. You never know what can come of meeting someone new. I like to say that it’s better to know someone and not need them than to need them and not know them. Not sure where that saying originally came from or what context it was actually used in, but I’ve heard it many times in many ways. Meet everyone you can, if nothing in terms of friendship or other value ever stems from it what have you hurt by extending your hand and offering an introduction?

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

Hi Mike!  Pleasure to meet you and I do get the same reaction from the Mrs when going into stores or and starting conversations with a hello.  If you ever have any questions about USAA down the road, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us via USAA Community or through any of USAA's social channels.  ~Marco

Highlighted

Hi Mike! ( @Mike Mymi Sloan )

I want to join Marco in welcoming you to the USAA Community! I hope you find a connection or get to know another USAA Member in this space. Looking forward to more posts from you and wIshing you a great day!