I concur that joining a Veterans Group will help, but if you want satisfaction fast, call your Congressman. Believe me, Congressional Inquiries don't stop in the military. I called on behalf of a young man on SSI who is really troubled and being treated horribly. 15 minutes later the head of Dept for that SSI branch called him to check on him and fixed the issue. Good luck, and remember you are a Veteran, not a welfare case. You deserve to be treated with respect!