Highlighted
Contributor
Today I went to the USAA ATM located at La Cantera. I was in a rush to get home to take my son to football practice but I decided to stop by the ATM on my way home from work. I had to deposit a check to my account, so I inserted my card into the ATM to be able to complete my transaction and I noticed there was already a line of cars in back of me. So I tried to hurry up and finish my transaction. While doing all this I completely forgot that I had inserted my card into the ATM. I was able to get my receipt and I just thought the transaction was complete. I drove off then after driving a couple of miles down the highway I realized I never got my card back. I immediately called USAA and they were able to resolve my issue in no time but the best part about this is that while I was speaking with the representative he advised me that a current USAA member had already called in to let them know that they found my card retrieved it and shredded it for security purposes. I can't say how relieved I was when the rep. told me that. That's what makes this city a safer place to live at, because of people like them. I want to thank him/her for their integrity and honesty from the bottom of my heart, whoever it was. I really am glad to be a USAA member and at the same time being a part of a banking institute with members like this. This really makes me feel like I'm part of a family and not just a bank. Again, thank you and hope you guys had a great day because I did!

1 REPLY

Highlighted
I like to think that the military, and USAA members, are a bit special. And indeed that as members we benefit from low "moral risk" among USAA insureds. The debit card story reminds me of two points: First that in Europe ATMs generally return the card before dispensing cash so that you can't forget it. Second, that years ago my wife found a wallet in the ladies toilet in the Lakenheath commissary. It held a lot of cash and belonged to an NCO spouse (her ID and ration card were there too); of course we handed it in to the cashier as I like to think anyone would have. From the USAA and military community anyway...