Highlighted
Contributor

just spent 35+ minutes on hold after verifing my Pin # etc. to get sent to the wrong ext. to get Edwina on the phone who wouldn't transfer me tothe correct dept. unless i clarified it ALL AGAIN...when i balked at having to repeat, etc.  she made sure that she dictated to me exactly what was ging to be what.... i just want management to know that she was a TOTALLY effective IRON WALL  of customer service ...

So many past and current products and so many years ...all to to feel make me feel like i am not even 3rd class...

You were so- much better 25 years ago... i feel that you have become too large to do the things that made you so - speacial & good at what you did... "Dissappointment" and "Frustration" were not words that i used to associate with USAA...

if your trying to be like all the rest,... your doing a great job, oh ... and promote Edwina CUSTOMER SERICE MANAGER so that she can have a greater affect on your members...

BTW...this is *not* why i initially called ...

Sitting on hold for 35 mins....

image0.jpeg

5 REPLIES

Highlighted

@Me in Va, I am so sorry to hear of this experience and that it was so hard to get to through! This is hard to read. We want to make sure we take care of you, we appreciate your long time membership. I would like to forward this post to a subject matter expert. Which area were you ultimately trying to reach?  ~Tom

Highlighted

In my 50 years as a USAA customer (only a "Member" in my first 15 years) USAA's service has deteriorated to the level, or below, of that of its 3 biggest competitors.  Lower rates come with a price.  USAA Customer Service Reps. have no authority to settle problems, managers seldom if ever respond, management is totally unreachable, the company is controlled by the attorneys and bean counters and realistically, USAA now exists for the betterment of "upper management".  After all, the more you advertise and simultaneously lower customer qualifications, the more customers and higher revenues and earnings are achieved, resulting in ever higher management salaries and bonuses.  As more and more of its customers will discover, loyalty to USAA is totally wasted and frankly, quite foolish!

Highlighted

@zx, This is disappointing and quite concerning to hear. I've forwarded your comments to the appropriate area for further review. - Ben

Highlighted

Ben,

Highlighted

Ben,

Why would you say that as no review will ever take place?  As usual, nothing will occur pertaining to my comments.  I have now been conditioned by USAA to their total lack of customer service that ANYTHING stated by their customer care (?) group rings hollow and is totally without substance.  Sad but true.