Highlighted
Steven256
Contributor
I felt the ads for USAA were real, I had found a bank, insurance and company that was sincere about being a real benefit to Veterans. It was all lies, florence came through SC, and I learned just how bad USAA really is... home loan, car loan, all insurance and banking will be cancelled from this company. Dont believe the hype, they just want your $, they do not care about Veterans.

7 REPLIES

Hi @Steven256, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with us and I would like to see what we can do to help. We will have someone from our advocacy team reach out to you to discuss your concerns about your recent experience with us. Please allow 2-3 business days for someone to give you a call. Thank you. 

Steven256 is a hurricane victim and USAA tells him we’ll get back to you in 3 business days. General McDermott would never believe it, and its been a nose dive ever since.

General Robert F. McDermott (USAA CEO: 1969-1993):

“The mission and corporate culture of this company are, in one word, service. As a company objective, service comes ahead of either profits or growth. I don’t want to expand those bylaws. I don’t want to take on the world. I want us to serve a niche and serve all its personal financial needs as best we can. Our members started this company and own it, so this company exists to serve their needs.”

Harvard Business Review
Title: Service Comes First
Thomas Teal
SEPT-OCT 1991 ISSUE

re General McDermott:

"Those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end."

Alas! They did.

Greenbrier,

It is wonderful to hear from you my old friend. A year ago so many of us patriotic, long term members / “owners” of USAA were having so many nice conversations on this forum. Among the masses who participated in our NFL Petition over the past year were “thirteen” 50-plus year members who sent me similar comments as yours and “SONBIRD’s” below as they moved on. You are number two in seniority with 58 years now, second only to “SONBIRD”, with 62 years but I think he pulled the chord. USAA shut everything down, our Petition, our conversations, etc. But as they say, what goes around comes around. I am finalizing a package with some outside organizations to address everything. Keep in touch my old friend and take care.

Stand United
39 Year Member

Greenbrier
10-27-2017 05:33 PM
Thank you, Stand United, for your outstanding effort. Well done, well said. The complete absence of a response from management spoke volumes to me about their concern for their members/stock holders. General McDermott would not have believed USAA could come to this. I've been downsizing and transferring accounts and after 57 years I"ll soon be able to cut the cord. I have found credit unions and insurance companies more than willing to accept new members and pay higher interest and charge lower costs for insurance. I get the idea that they also know what it means to serve.  Greenbrier

SONBIRD
10-13-2017 05:32 AM
USAA is drifting away, far away.  I am a 62+year member and I have never seen it like this.  My children are dropping out and I am sure there are many others.

Maybe if 9/10 posts weren't about how bad USAA sucked, we'd believe you if you say you're doing something. Pro tip: You're not. 

Hey mizzouxc, did you ever ditch your financial business with USAA and just keep your homeowners policy? I did back in 2017. Tired of the low Sav/Ck/investment/CD rates and lousy credit card service. All I have left is auto and homeowners after 30+yrs with USAA. We'll see what happens in April when the statements for my insurance renewals come out.

Leave USAA now.  No need to wait.  You will find better prices on both the homeowners and auto insurance and vastly better customer.  Why wait? You will only be disappointed.