Private Messaging (PM) in community is another way of communicating in the USAA Community with other members and with a USAA Social Servicing agent. To use this tool, you must first activate it in your personal Community settings.
First: Activate Private Messaging in Member Community
1. Click on your user ID in the USAA Community
2. Click on Settings then Preferences
3. Click Private Messages
4. Click on the box that says "turn on private messages. "
5. Click save
Once you have Private Messaging activated, here are the instructions to send us a Private Message in Member Community.
You can send us a PM by:
1. Select the drop down menu next to your name at the top right of the screen
2. Click the envelope icon in the same drop down.
3. Select “Send New Message”
3. If you have a service related question or concern, please select recipient as USAA Social Service (we will make sure your message gets to the right place!)
Please let me know if this helps or if you have any additional questions about the process of sending a private message here in the USAA Community.