Highlighted
Contributor

For a long time, we have seen that the Credit Score function will be updated later this year.  We are running out of year pretty soon, any actual update to the status of this function?  Thanks.

Most Helpful
Highlighted

Effective November 15, CreditCheck and CreditCheck & ID Monitor will no longer be serviced through USAA, and all accounts will transition over to Experian to be serviced through them moving forward.

Here are some frequently asked questions:

How do I find my Credit Score?

You can view your credit score directly through Experian.com (your credit score will no longer display on “My Account” page on usaa.com).

What does this mean for me?

Your account will automatically transition and continue to be serviced by Experian.

You will keep your current credit monitoring and alerts and will gain access to additional features like Experian Boost™, a free tool designed to help with building credit.

No action is required on your part at this time. We do ask that you ensure your contact information is up to date so you can receive important emails regarding your account. You will receive an email from Experian with additional details.

Thanks for posting here in community, please let us know if you have additional questions.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES

Highlighted

@Farmboy, Thanks for reaching out! On the website when you are on the main page (My USAA), scroll down to Services and you will see Credit Score Monitoring. Click on that and it will take you to an updated website. Hope this helps! ~Tom

Highlighted

Thanks for the quick reply, but I should have been more specific.  When I select my USAA credit card from the MY USAA page, it takes me to a page where my purchases and payments are displayed.  On the right side is a tile for my FICO/credit score.  When I click on the tile, I get a message that the function is being updated and will appear later this year.  The function is not credit or ID monitoring, but simply a check of your current/most recent score.  

Anyway, certainly not critical, just wondering as to status since the same message has been coming up for many months now.  

Cheers, Farmboy sends

@Farmboy, Thanks for writing back! No word yet on that tile. The best work-around I could find was the direction from earlier in My USAA under Services. Hopefully will have more news soon. Have a great day!  ~Tom

Highlighted

Hi Tom -

When I follow your instructions to Farmboy and click on the Credit Score Monitoring link you referenced on the "My USAA" page, I get the following message:

This content is no longer available. Please update any bookmarks.

Is this just a hiccup on my end or are you also coming up with the same error??

Highlighted

Thanks for reaching out, @KS Jayhawk - I have to admit, I'm confused as well. At this time, there isn't a workaround available to view your credit score on the website or mobile app. You can view your scores by going to annualcreditreport.com. This will allow you to view a free report from each of the credit bureaus once a year. As soon as the tile is back up and running, we'll post a notification online for everyone. Have a great night. - Cathleen

Highlighted

According to USAA, this service is/will no longer be avail.able.  But not to worry: it sucked pondwater.   My report not only differed from Excperian's, it fluctuated wildly for no reason, sometimes 20+ points down or up, days apart...rather than monthly.  In reviewing the USAA/Experian data, my records were often months or years out of date.  One month they moved my Home Equity Line of Credit (HELC) from real estate to revolving credit (credit card debt).   Revolving credit, according to Experian, constitutes 85% of your score effect, as opposed to real estate being 15% of the score.   They moved a $39,000 HELC into credit card date so my credit card balance jumped from $0.00 (I pay off my cards every day) to $39,000.00!   A HELC actually is revolving credit if you can draw money from it, but with ours (typical of HELCs) after a given number of months you can no longer draw against a HELC...you can only pay Principal and Interest.  USAA/Experian carried our HELC as a real estate debt until years after we could no longer draw against it.  Then, mystically and magically, the HELC became revolving (credit card like) debt.   When I complained about it, USAA's representative said that's the way my credit union reported it.  After checking with my credit union (I moved most of my accounts out of USAA for the same reasons so many complain about USAA's service), I verified they reported my HELC as real estate, not revolving debt.  But, of course, USAA/Experian never switched the HELC back from revolving to real estate.   My score ran 850 (out of 850 possible) for a long time...but would still drop 25 points or so without reason.  Then go back up one or two days later.  This service was all too flawed.  It is really no loss.  USAA informed me they dropped the service and I would be using my Experian account, instead.  Another service lost from USAA (like the real estate service), but no real loss.  Just contact Experian or one of its competitors to set up your own account there.  

Highlighted

Effective November 15, CreditCheck and CreditCheck & ID Monitor will no longer be serviced through USAA, and all accounts will transition over to Experian to be serviced through them moving forward.

Here are some frequently asked questions:

How do I find my Credit Score?

You can view your credit score directly through Experian.com (your credit score will no longer display on “My Account” page on usaa.com).

What does this mean for me?

Your account will automatically transition and continue to be serviced by Experian.

You will keep your current credit monitoring and alerts and will gain access to additional features like Experian Boost™, a free tool designed to help with building credit.

No action is required on your part at this time. We do ask that you ensure your contact information is up to date so you can receive important emails regarding your account. You will receive an email from Experian with additional details.

Thanks for posting here in community, please let us know if you have additional questions.

View solution in original post