Highlighted
Contributor

I have been with USAA since 2011. In the time since than I have never had a negative balance on any of my accounts. Yesterday, I deposited a check into my account and it was placed on hold for two weeks. Also at the end of the month october. I had deposited a check from my mom and that was also placed on hold. Now I am really  ticked off due to the fact my husband and I are veterans and we have two kids. and now we can't feed ourselves and our kids til next pay check which is a week away. I needed that check I deposited yesterday to feed my family today.

4 REPLIES

Highlighted

Pick up the phone and demand an explanation. The grunts there are helpful and polite.

Highlighted

Just curious, did you take as much time calling USAA to find out why you had a hold on your check as you did posting this message?  If so, what was their reasoning?  If you really want to hold an organization accountable, whining about it on their website only helps if you provide details.  Otherwise most people will just ignore you.

Highlighted

We'd like to look into this for you to see if there's anything we can do to help. Please give us a call at 1-800-531-8722 or send a message here: http://bit.ly/I8GjNZ and we'll be in touch soon.

Highlighted

They pulled the same "stuff" with me.  Electronic funds transfer is supposed to be quicl right? Maybe compared to the pony express, but it's much slower than "snail" mail.  72 hours later and the funds have just disappeared like a f@rt in the wind.