Highlighted

So, I was able to sign up/join USAA, but when I go to the link to open a checking account, I get this message: "Sorry, we can't open this account for you. USAA Bank products are only available to military members, veterans who have honorably served and their eligible family members."

I wasn't asked for military information when I filled out the initial application.  My father was in the Army and my maternal grandfather was in the Navy.  My brother was also in the Navy.  I don't know if either my father or grandfather was a USAA member because they've both been deceased for a long time.  How do I find out if I'm eligible?

Thanks for any information anyone can provide!

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

Hi @BusyWench, thank you for reaching out. We do have to establish eligibility before we can determine which products we may be able to extend to you. The best way to update your information to see what we can offer would be to reach out to our New Members Department at 1-800-531-8722. They'll have some questions that will cover any military affiliation, and guide you through the process from there. We hope to speak with you soon! ~Holland

Highlighted
Hi there, if the link is giving you a difficult time, after you were able to sign up/join then you might have a bad link. I agree with the other post, you should call and speak with a representative who should be able to sort things out.