Highlighted

The customer service has really gone downhill, it used to be great, but I think they have had a lot of turnover of personnel recently.  I thought the whole point of scanned deposits was that they hit your account faster, I don't use it but some of my younger friends do because they supposedly have faster access to the funds.

Highlighted
In this age of computers and internet it never takes a check 10 business days to clear. 72 hours is the maximum amount of time. And they are not supposed to restrict access to direct deposit payroll either. They do. And their disclosure states only on the first direct depositcan there be a hold. They used to verify funds had cleared and release the hold. Not now... it is not their provided service to verify funds. Used to be but not any more.
Highlighted
I hate that they are holding your check, but I have been a member of a small town credit union as well as a large bank in the past and it is completely normal for banks to hold checks, especially personal checks. It's one of the hard parts of banking. The only way I have ever been able to cash a personal check with no issue is going to the bank it was issued from.
Highlighted

Well, not to start an argument, (member for 40+ years), service is not nearly what is was in the past.  Seem more concerned with adding members and increasing advertising budget that with customer service.  When I joined, they never advertised, and were open only to officers.  Membership increases, service declines (drastically)

Highlighted

tim tim, i come to this site every time i have to log on to deal with these clowns, as i still have an open matter i have battled them on for 3 months now.  if you had any real net worth, you would realize transferring multiple banking, investment, and insurance lines isnt done in 24 hours.  as for the "immature" comment ill let that go and tell you to pull the covers over your head and go back to sleep about what is really going on at usaa.  hope you get out before you find out the hard way like myself, and more than half of the people on this board.

Highlighted
Very much the same experience here. Just try to access any account on your computer, you will think your are in GITMO the way that your are interrogated. Even just a password, + a pin is not enough, they want your life history in "Security Questions" just to let you get to see your own funds, etc. Too many Generals and Sergeants Major, and not enough Captains and Majors (&2nd LT's as well) running the place. I am not the expert on retaking ownership of our (40+yrs in my case) company and turning the ship back on course, but I am open to any suggestions from the experts. We seem to be run by the GEN's & CSM's who "didn't care how many 'dog tags' it took to take that hill, as long as theirs were not in the pile. It is truly shameful. We did not always have the "lead from the rear commanders" at the helm of our Association, but then again, I am not sure that it is still OUR ORGANIZATION. I might suggest that some of us read Prof. Sethi's books on "Corporate Governance" to learn just how irrelevant shareholders (or in our case members) can be in the day to day operations of a corporation that has grown excessively rather than wisely, and has lost sight of the reason for its formation (like to care for the needs of military officers of the uniformed services). But, as long time members we must share in the responsibility for what has occurred, and perhaps even take some of the leadership roles in reversing the trend as a means of making amends to both our predecessors, and our successor members.