I've had 20 years of experience with USAA and have always trusted the company to assist with any problems I encountered throughout the world during my military career. I decided to use USAA as my main banking and insurance provider since I felt they understood the challenges of PCSs, TDYs and deployments and would be there to help if I needed. I never had any financial problems so I never needed to test my theory.

I recently had a merchant charge me approx $1000 for services that I did not want nor were they delivered. I phoned USAA and let them know of the upcoming charge, again, no goods or services were provided, and had them cancel the card and then reissue a new card. The merchant then charged the new card and USAA reps said that they merchant could have done that with any financial institution. Well I have some words for USAA, but will just close with, then I guess USAA is like every other financial institution and I'll take most of my business elsewhere where I can get better pricing for mediocre service and zero protection/consideration.  20 Year customer...surprises me on the lack of consideration they have for the relationship.

2 REPLIES

I'm wondering if they've gotten new management, or if they're not treating employees well and are losing the best ones. The transparency is getting bad. They're becoming more like a typical US bank, and less like the USAA we've always known.