will my USAA auto insurance cover a rental vehicle?

schotzymom
Contributor

2 REPLIES

@schotzymom- we cover rental cars in the united states, liability is covered at state minimum, or if your liability limit is higher we match that, we also cover physical damage under comprehensive (other than collision) and collision at the deductibles you carry, if you do not have physical damage coverage we suggest purchasing it from the rental car company.  Rental companies have the right to charge for other costs not related to the direct damages to the vehicle. You may be responsible for indirect damage charges should the rental car company want to collect for them, lets say the car is in the shop for repairs and they can't rent it, they can charge you for the time they cannot rent the vehicle. To reduce or eliminate this exposure, you may buy a Collision Damage Waiver or Loss Damage Waiver from the car rental agency, sometimes a credit card company will cover this if you use their card to rent the vehicle, you would need to check with the credit card company to see. If you have any questions about your policy and what kind of coverage you have currently we can help you over chat at USAA.com or over the phone at 1-800-531-8722. ~Shawna

@schotzymom- If you are interested in international coverage let me know where you are going and I can take a peek to see if we offer any coverage there. ~Shawna