why when I click on the insurance tab does liberty mutual come up

jhess
Contributor

liberty mutual comes up when I click on the insurance tab. I thought usaa was their own insurance?

1 REPLY

@jhess, that's a great question! The following groups are currently eligible for USAA membership:

- Individuals who are currently serving in the U.S. Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines or Navy.
- Those who have retired or separated from the U.S. military with a discharge type of Honorable.
- Widows, widowers and un-remarried former spouses of USAA members who joined USAA while married; and individuals whose parents joined USAA.
- Cadets and midshipmen at U.S. service academies, in advanced ROTC or on ROTC scholarship, plus officer candidates within 24 months of commissioning.

The information you used to create your profile shows you're not eligible for USAA auto and property insurance. Even though USAA auto and property insurance may not be available because of membership requirements, we can still help you get insured through our alliance with Liberty Mutual. If you are interested in receiving a quote, please call Liberty Mutual at 1-855-348-2149.

If you believe the information in your profile is incorrect and you're eligible for membership, please call us at 210-531-8722. You may also update your military information online by following these steps:

1. Select the arrow by your name in the top corner of the page.
  2. Select "Profile & Preferences."
  3. Select "Edit" next to "Military Information."

~DC