bill-chuck
Contributor
please someone tell me how this works. like to know before I need it

Most Helpful

Hi bill-chuck,

I hope this answers your questions on roadside assitance:

For immediate roadside assistance — anytime, anywhere — call 1-800-531-8555.

We'll be there to help you. When you call, have the following ready:

• Your USAA number
  • Your location

The following services are available with Roadside Assistance:

• Changing flat tires
  • Jump start
  • Emergency gasoline delivery (Cost of gas not included)
  • Unlocking your car if you're locked out (Cost of replacement key not included)
  • Towing to the nearest repair shop

If you've already paid for towing or roadside assistance out of pocket, you can report a claim for reimbursement.

Outside the United States? Please use our international phone directory to call us.

UPDATE: Here is a FAQ post to answer all of your Roadside Assistance Questions:
https://communities.usaa.com/t5/Money-Matters/Roadside-Assistance-FAQ/ba-p/177541

Further Information

57 REPLIES

Hmmm me 2. Id like to know the details on this benefit. I hope to see an answere here soon.

I have used it several times. You just call the number, press road side assistance and tell them what is going on and they send someone!

Not too impressed today.  Called in advance for a tow.  Plenty of time for the towing service to schedule.  They are 45 minutes late with an ETA of another 25 minutes and there was no courtesy call that they were going to be late.  I had to call and check status.  Roadside assistance texts were not accurate.

Mark28, I am sorry to hear about your experiences with getting a tow for your vehicle. I have located your information and I am escalating this to a claims service manager in our Roadside department. They will review your file and follow up with you. Thank you. ~James

Good luck with that dude!!!
Agero dropped my truck from the wrecker. Make sure you know what to do if that happens to you.

Hi bill-chuck,

I hope this answers your questions on roadside assitance:

For immediate roadside assistance — anytime, anywhere — call 1-800-531-8555.

We'll be there to help you. When you call, have the following ready:

• Your USAA number
  • Your location

The following services are available with Roadside Assistance:

• Changing flat tires
  • Jump start
  • Emergency gasoline delivery (Cost of gas not included)
  • Unlocking your car if you're locked out (Cost of replacement key not included)
  • Towing to the nearest repair shop

If you've already paid for towing or roadside assistance out of pocket, you can report a claim for reimbursement.

Outside the United States? Please use our international phone directory to call us.

UPDATE: Here is a FAQ post to answer all of your Roadside Assistance Questions:
https://communities.usaa.com/t5/Money-Matters/Roadside-Assistance-FAQ/ba-p/177541

Further Information

Moment of truth...I called the roadside assistance number and did what you said and the call was seemless. Everything happened perfectly and the locksmith is on the way...to my driveway...with my keys in the car. Hurray for zero friction!

Are you a General?