JonFWiener
Occasional Contributor

I heard that many Insurance companies will come out and fix a chip or crack in the windshield for free. Inserting epoxy to prevent the spreading of teh crack. Does USAA do that for cars insured in Georgia?

Most Helpful

@JonFWiener, thank you for reaching out to us.  Windshield damages are covered under comprehensive coverage on a policy.  No deductible would apply for the repair of a windshield chip.  If the windshield has to be replaced then the deductible would apply at that time.  Thanks again for your membership.  ~ Robert

6 REPLIES

@JonFWiener, thank you for reaching out to us.  Windshield damages are covered under comprehensive coverage on a policy.  No deductible would apply for the repair of a windshield chip.  If the windshield has to be replaced then the deductible would apply at that time.  Thanks again for your membership.  ~ Robert

Thanks Robert. I saw an option on the website to get help with cracked or broken windshield but it was taking me to another site outside of USAA. How do I get siomeone to fix teh chip through USAA? Or is that the way?

We work with Safelite to assist with chip repairs or windshield replacements.  They will schedule someone to come out to you for the repair or the replacement if it is needed.  ~ Robert

So I do this on teh site?  Or I call in and create a claim?

LikeThis.jpg

You should have the ability to file online or call.

Yes, USAA has a preferred Windshield repair company; Safelite AutoGlass.   They will repair your windshield if the crack is smaller than a dollar bill at no cost to the USAA Member.