Highlighted
Bryantm622
Contributor

My family has a small business and we have many vehicles under USAA.  I was in a fender bender that was not my fault two weeks ago.  USAA recomended the body shop and the quote for the repairs was 2200.  They decided to call my car a total loss.  It is an 06 avalon with all of the bells and whistles and was very well maintained.  Bluebook value on the car is between 7-8 thousand.  I expected to receive 5500$ since insurance companies love lowballing offers.  They are offering to give me 3500!!! 

-The two cars they compared my car to we priced at 8000$ and 9000$.

My car has a lot more options such as 

-POWER PASSENGER SEATS
-BETTER TRIM
-LEATHER SEATS
-HEATED SEATS

-6 CD changer

-Heated Mirrors

-fog lamps

-metallic clear coat paint

-aftermarket tint

Despite all of this I am getting 3500, but to purchase that same car in my area would cost me at least 8000!

They are claiming my leather is worn and torn when at worst it is a little bit dirty in spots but all washable.

They are claiming my paint is faded even though this is directly contradicts what the body shop told me when I brought it in.  My paint is not faded at all.

-They are taking out the deductible even though the other party admitted fault.  Why is it on me to pay the deductible?  

Why do I feel like I have to fight my insurance company for even a REASONABLE offer?  

Most Helpful

Hi @Bryantm622, I was able to locate your claim and I see that we are pending confirmation of coverage from the at fault carrier. In order to waive a deductible, several factors must be met to waive or reimburse a deductible. If a payment is sent prior to the carrier confirming coverage and coverage is confirmed later, we will reimburse your deductible. Often times, the at fault carrier will issue you a payment for your deductible if the claim has already been paid by USAA. For the total loss value, I would recommend reviewing the CCC valuation sheet to confirm all the options you listed are on there before settlement. Often times. there is confusion between the actual cash value of a vehicle and the replacement value. The contract does not pay for the replacement value of a vehicle, it will only pay for the actual cash value. Dealerships will always charge more for a vehicle because that is how they make their profit. If you would like to speak with a claims advocate, please let us know and we will escalate your claim for further review.

3 REPLIES

Hi @Bryantm622, I was able to locate your claim and I see that we are pending confirmation of coverage from the at fault carrier. In order to waive a deductible, several factors must be met to waive or reimburse a deductible. If a payment is sent prior to the carrier confirming coverage and coverage is confirmed later, we will reimburse your deductible. Often times, the at fault carrier will issue you a payment for your deductible if the claim has already been paid by USAA. For the total loss value, I would recommend reviewing the CCC valuation sheet to confirm all the options you listed are on there before settlement. Often times. there is confusion between the actual cash value of a vehicle and the replacement value. The contract does not pay for the replacement value of a vehicle, it will only pay for the actual cash value. Dealerships will always charge more for a vehicle because that is how they make their profit. If you would like to speak with a claims advocate, please let us know and we will escalate your claim for further review.

Yes, I would like to speak with a claim advocate.  The cash valuation of those other cars still far exceeds my own despite the added options I have.  Thank you for your help.

Hi @Bryantm. I'll share your concerns with a subject matter expert for review. This department is currently out of the office, however, they will return tomorrow. Once reviewed, they will reach out to you. Thank you! -Holland