Ann15
Contributor

I absolutely love USAA.  I always wanted an account with them, but never got around to it until my husband of 25 years passed away almost 9 years ago.  He was a wonderful man.  He served 20 years in the Navy and then went on to be a commander and Technical Director of Naval Insurance.  When he died the bottom of everything fell out for me.  He was such an amazing man and was my hero.  He was loved my those under him, as well.  He had to retire and lived with paralysis and a massive stroke for 35 years.  I married him in 1985 and took care of him because he could not walk for 7 years before he died.  He only had the use of one hand.

Now I am concerned about my auto insurance.  I have a dilema because I want to go under USAA, but Geico is offering me $100 less in premiums for six months.  I live on a fixed income and it is so hard.  I have medical prescriptions and sometimes have to decide between necessities and prescriptions.  And, I live with such pain.  I have a pinched nerve I was diagnosed with about four years ago.  Plus, I have degenerative arthritis all through my body. And, Stage III renal failure for many years, but my husband didn't know about that so that was about 9 years ago.  My arthritis is bone on bone and now I am about to go to a Spine and Pain Clinic and am worried about those bills.  My furnace and air conditioning left me with $700 im bills a few months ago.  Plus I have sugar diabetes and several other health problems.  Pretty much everything you can imagine.

I want to stay with USAA for my auto insurance because I love them and think they are the greatest, but Geico is offering me $100 less every six months.  If USAA can help me in any way possible, I would stay with USAA.  They have the best people working with them.

1 REPLY

@Ann15, Please accept my sincerest condolences on the passing of your husband. I can certainly understand how much rates play a factor in choosing your insurance provider. Please give us a call at 800-531-USAA (8722) or initiate a chat on usaa.com so we can review your auto insurance policy with you and see what other potential savings are available. Thank you! ~Danielle