Storage company is now demanding proof of insurance on our storage unit. Unit contains less than $1000. Is it covered?

Storage Guy
Contributor

Is this something that is covered under my existing homeowners policy? If not, what do I need to do?

5 REPLIES

We are glad to help @Storage Guy with your question and have sent you a PM to proceed. ~ Joseph

What is a PM?

Hi @Storage Guy! Great question! To best protect the privacy of your account, we sent you a private message (PM) to further address your request. When ready, you may locate it by going to your user handle on top right corner of this page and select the select the envelope icon on the drop down menu. Thanks! ~ Stacy

Is a storage unit covered under my home owners insurance?

Any information is appreciated.

Hello @King Ray thank you for the question in regards to property covered in a stored location. As long as your property is in a "paid" stored location then all the property in that location would be covered 100% as long as it is properly maintained. Please keep in mind that only your personal property will be covered and not the storage building it's self. I hope this helps in answering your question. - Ralph