Benjab
Contributor

I just found out that my daughter and I each have a renters policy on the same house and its contents...Is this legal? 

Can we both have a policy? There are some differences but there are dual coverage areas too. Please advise.  Ben Weatherby

1 REPLY

Good day, @Benjab. Thank you for reaching out via the USAA Community. This is a really good question. It is certainly legal for both of you to have your own renters policies for the same location, but there are some questions I have about your situation to see what course of action is best advised going forward. This would best be completed in a private messaging session. 

To opt in for private messaging, select your profile name at the top right of the screen and select "My Settings."  At the top of your screen, go to "Private Messenger" and "Turn on Private Messages."  After this, you can select your name again from the top right of the screen and select the envelope icon to view and send your own private messages. I look forward to hearing from you! ~ Steven