We have a home owners policy with USAA, but know that only 10% of the value of our household items would be covered in the event of accident/disaster during our move frpm Oregon to Washington.  Does USAA sell additional policy so that we will have coverage during our move?

Thank you, Roy xxxxx


Moderators note: Post has been edited due to Member Community posting guidelines


@ BaileyDad, 

Best of luck on your move!  I've engaged a subject matter expert to reach out to you regarding your interest in Moving Insurance.  Please allow 1-2 business days for contact.  Thanks~Mike

@BaileyDad - Hi, it looks like our USAA Insurance Agency followed up to see if we had an additional option to cover you during the move and it looks like we weren't able to offer that coverage. Just to make sure we shared this, your homeowners policy provides coverage for your personal property under Coverage C, this is the section of your policy pertaining to personal property, for up to the limit of your policy. It covers property located away from your primary residence as follows: Property at an insured residence other than your primary residence: Coverage is limited to $1,000 or 10 percent of your Coverage C limit, whichever is greater. Property in a storage facility: 100 percent of your Coverage C limit is extended from your policy. Moving coverage: 100 percent of your Coverage C limit is extended from your policy for 30 days after you begin to move. The policy covers your belongings in transit and at their new location. Exclusions such as breakage, loss and damage due to careless or rough handling or improper packing do apply. I just wanted to clarify how this works as the coverage is more than 10% usually. If you have specific policy questions, like how much your personal belongings coverage limit is, we will need to continue this in a secure contact channel, we can chat with you at >log in>account summary for the product>Ask USAA button below your name> Wait for it to load> chat and call info will populate, or we are a call away at 1-800-531-8722. Thank you! ~Shawna