Highlighted
Brian Whitmire
Contributor

Could not find the right topic - purchased USAA Mechanical Breakdown on used car.  The vehicle was burning thru a quart of oil a week and smoking.  Took to repair shop where I have had previous work down and covered.  Repair bill is rather large - $7200 and USAA Auto Breakdown is denying the claim.  Even thought the parts and issued are covered under the warranty they are denying the claim based on excessive oil use is not covered.  Will call Assurant in the morning but not something I am go to let go and make sure if this is true that everyone is aware.  Never had an issue with coverage before and its kinda of funny that now that its going over what I initially paid that all the sudden the claims process has become difficult and getting denied when it was no questions asked in the past.  Please help ASAP.

Most Helpful

I was able to reach out today and all is good - probably in Top 10 of best Customer Service experiences I have had - they are covering the full repair - $7078.   Thank You!

3 REPLIES

@Brian Whitmire, I understand that you have concerns about a claim filed with Assurant under Extended Vehicle Protection. I'd like to engage a subject matter expert to review your concerns. We'll conduct a follow-up with you once the research has been completed. ~DC

I was able to reach out today and all is good - probably in Top 10 of best Customer Service experiences I have had - they are covering the full repair - $7078.   Thank You!

@Brian, I am so very happy to hear all is well. Thank you for reaching out and letting us know the outcome. We very much value your membership. Have a great weekend! (=  ~ Suzy