CB - USSS
Contributor

I recently discovered that USAA offers a discount for having an Impact-Resistant Roof. I called USAA, and was told all that was required is to provide proof that my roof was impact resistant and I would then qualify for the $500/year discount. I provided documentation, via photos and roofs warranty information which reflected that I have a 1” thick concrete tile roof, with an impact rating of class 3, and a 50 year warranty. After submitting the required documentation and roof certification form I was then told that I would have to hire a roof inspector to certify that it was indeed impact resistant. I explained to the USAA representative that I wasn’t going to incur an unnecessary expenses and time proving something I have already proven. Additionally, most of the homes in my neighborhood were damaged by large hail in 2010. I had filed an insurance claim with USAA for minor damage I received on my homes paint and fence during the hail storm. USAA dispatched an insurance claim adjuster who indicated in his report that my roof was not damaged during the hail storm. I requested a supervisor from USAA to please call me and explain why I was being required to jump through multiple hoops in order to receive a discount I was clearly deserving. To date, no call back has been received.
I have been with USAA for over 25 years and currently have 6 different insurance policies and 9 banking and investment accounts with them. I know USAA is a bit more expensive than many other policies but I’m comfortable paying the cost knowing that if I ever had to file a claim I’ve always known they would be there for me. I have put in over 3 hours of my time assembling documents and speaking with USAA agents, attempting to get this roof discount that I feel I should have been told about from the beginning. Additionally, my last conversation I was told the discount was now only $350/year. If my documentation, photos, and a USAA claim adjuster isn’t enough to qualify for the discount I don’t know what is. If this is how USAA now treats its customers I guess it’s time to begin shopping around.

Most Helpful

I have located your profile and I regret any frustration this situation caused you and am happy to forward this matter to the appropriate area for further review. I appreciate your continued patience and allowing us this additional opportunity to address your concerns. While I cant provide a specific time for being contacted we appreciate your patience while waiting for a response.

3 REPLIES

I have located your profile and I regret any frustration this situation caused you and am happy to forward this matter to the appropriate area for further review. I appreciate your continued patience and allowing us this additional opportunity to address your concerns. While I cant provide a specific time for being contacted we appreciate your patience while waiting for a response.

home3_2019.jpg