If I’m not getting a response from the insurance adjuster assigned to my homeowners claim how do I escalate this to a customer service representative?

123Luckie
Contributor

If I’m not getting a response from the insurance claim representative assigned to my homeowners claim after numerous email and voicemail messages how do I escalate this to a customer service representative? Is there a supervisor of claims representatives I can speak with? Who do I contact and how do I reach them? I filed a claim on February 11, 2019 for a broken water pipe and received immediate response from USAA. Since then I have provided all of the information that has been requested and done so in a timely fashion. The adjuster for USAA has been to my home and has submitted his report. Since I live in a condominium a claim has been filed with the homeowners association’s insurance company. The adjuster for the HOA insurance company has also been to my home and has also filled their report. The issue is I have tried to get information about the claim from the USAA representative assigned to my claim and they do not respond to my email requests for information nor do they return my phone calls. At this point I have no idea what is going on and I can’t plan or schedule for the repairs. I need any help I can get.

Most Helpful

123Luckie,

This is certainly not the experience we want you to have when you file a claim with us.  I'd like to have your situation reviewed further.  I have escalated your situation to a subject matter expert who will be reaching out to you to address your concerns.   Thanks~Mike 

3 REPLIES

123Luckie,

This is certainly not the experience we want you to have when you file a claim with us.  I'd like to have your situation reviewed further.  I have escalated your situation to a subject matter expert who will be reaching out to you to address your concerns.   Thanks~Mike 

I have the exact same issue.  Immediate response from the USAA Service Center, which is the prompt service response I've been used to for over 30 years.  However, with this claim it's radio silence.

I found BLACK MOLD in my home behind kitchen cabinets created by an unseen water leak.  I immediately covered the mold with plastic, closed the cabinet doors and shut off the water to the kitchen can called USAA.  It was several days before I heard from a claim representative.  And several more days and calls to the claim rep AND a supervisor before an adjuster called us to schedule an inspection.  6 days ago he was here.  He said he'd turn in his report the next day.  It's been 6 days and we've heard nothing.  Left another message for our insurance adjuster/representative today and am not hopeful for a response.  What totally shocks me is that I can't get one single question answered:  Is it safe to remain in my home during this claim review?  It's exposed black mold and I have two children in the house!

I'm totally shocked.  I have never experienced this lack of customer service and response in all my time with USAA as a second generation member.  I've proudly been a member and have always spoke very highly of USAA and it's response to all our claims over the years.  But this one?  The one where I am most concerned about the health and safety of my family, I can't get anyone to advise me. 

Exposed black mold.  Water shut off and an unusable kitchen for almost 2 weeks.  And I'm living, breathing, sleeping here every day with my children.  This is acceptable?

@MrDanielz Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your claims concerns. I have escalated this to a subject matter expert to review further. They will be following up with you in the next 1 to 2 business days.