Last Word Leslie

All three of my college kids have apartments.  I believe I need a renter's insurance policy on each apartment?  Yes?


@Last Word Leslie, That's a great question! If you have a homeowners insurance policy, coverage may extend to each dependent child while away at school, making the renters insurance unnecessary. Please initiate a chat on by selecting Ask USAA or give us a call at 800-531-USAA (8722). We can discuss whether you have proper coverage that will extend, and provide documentation for you that will show proof of insurance. Alternatively, we can discuss renters insurance and the difference between how each would protect your children in the event of a loss. Hope this helps and best of luck to your children in their studies! ~Danielle