How to download home owners insurance policy from usaa.com

ddc1
Contributor

I'm trying to download a PDF copy of my home owners insurance policy from the usaa website but am unable to figure out how to do so. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

12 REPLIES

Hi ddc1,

What you will need to do is get to your "My Documents" page on usaa.com. You can find more information here. Once you are on this page, follow these directions to access your Home Owners Insurance Policy:

Click on the ALL folder from the All Documents section to view all your documents. Each category folder will provide a list of all documents for that category in a sorted view for the last seven years. Your documents are sorted by Year with the most recent at the top, then by Delivery Date, Subcategory, and Document Name. Once you are in a folder, you can also filter by subcategories which are listed at the top of the page or sort by date or document name. You can Print or Download the document for your records by selecting the three lines in line with the document or click on the Print or Download option at the top of the This Year section. Scroll down to view your prior year documents that are sorted by the previous years. If you do not have any documents for that year, you will receive a message that says "You have no documents."

I have been asking for over a year for my policys on my  Auto,rental insurance never recieved and no reason why now i can't get into them on line all i get is the runaround on line example i was told to go to my documents usaa .com my documents and all i get is customers complaints such as mine WHY WHY WHY are these documments mine to examine????

Oh goodness, chich 5! I certainly understand how frustrated you must be, it’s amazing that you are not even more upset. If you're able to locate your documents online, but unable to open them, please ensure that you have the most current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. You can upgrade this software at www.adobe.com for free. However, if you have the most current version of Adobe Acrobat installed and are still having trouble, please call our Web site Support Team 24/7 at 1-877-632-3002. They'll be able to troubleshoot this further for you.

Hope this helps! If we can further assist you, please don't hesitate to let us know. ~ Stacy

My full policy documents are not available in the Documents section of the USAA site. Where are they?

Hi Jambalaya - The renewal documents would be considered the most up-to-date policy for you. If you are referring to the original documents when you first insured with us, those we would need to post separately, which I have posted to your online documents. Please click Home, go back to View Documents, and then locate the document titled Auto Policy Issue. You may need to log out and then back in to view it. - Cathleen

So if I want to do something so fundamental to my auto insurance as viewing the policy for my auto insurance, there is no way to do that on your mess of a website and I instead have to submit some sort of a request for it? Where is that done?

Hello @workshopper, I can guide you through USAA.com to view your auto policy and any other documents you may want to review.  When you log onto USAA.com , please click the drop down next to your name on the top right corner.  After a small menu populates, click on My Documents.  It will take you to a different page showing your most current documents.  If needing to review an older document, please scroll down and select one of the few folders shown:  Insurance, Banking, Billing and etc.  In this case, select the Insurance folder and you can filter by the type of insurance and select the year you are trying to view.  Hope this helps @workshopper.  If unable to maneuver, please reply back to this message for guidance.  ~ Marco

I followed all of these steps, and the full policy is not there. The only thing there are the renewals. I want the whole policy with all the verbiage.

@Mad1000, I appreciate you reaching out and I've reposted your full policy on our website which will bring it to the top of the list. Thank you for your membership with USAA. -Paula