wrote:

I was contacted.  Basically nothing was done.  NOTHING!  All I got was platitudes.  Our rates are higher because of this and that.  Nothing to address why USAA has become a mere pittance of the company they used to be.  What a complete and utter disapointment USAA has become.  Take your business elsewhere.  USAA can be beat on their rates and their quality of service.  Please don't stay out of a sense loyality.  See what kind of loyalty they give you when you need them.

Thanks for posting the status of your complaint.  Neither have I received anything of substance from USAA.  We all have to make our own decisions based on our personal situations.  In my case, I have begun researching the options to replace all my insurance that I have with USAA.  In fact, it is all that I carry, i.e., auto, home, and umbrella. 

I believe USAA is about number 100 on the Fortune 500.  They have as of 2017: ‎32,896 employees, ‎12.4 million members and total assets of $155.391 billion. If nothing else, there is the answer to why they have become a soulless, money grubbing behemoth rather than the honorable, military oriented company with integrity they started out to be.  I would not be surprised to learn that the former military officers seving at the top of the structure have no idea how much their honor and integrity has been stained by the actions of the corporate greed of those who now really run USAA.  If they do, shame on them.

USAA likes to state: "In 1922, when 25 Army officers met in San Antonio and decided to insure each other's vehicles, they couldn't have imagined that their tiny organization would one day serve millions of members and become one of the only fully integrated financial services organizations in America."  William Garrison, USAA's first president would probably not believe what USAA has become. 

USAA is using a 3rd party to process your total loss claims called Copart. They have taken on USAA but do not have the enough people trained to process all the claims. They are also lowest on their priority list of all their contracts. When the bigshots came down a few weeks ago they shoved a list of USAA claims on desks, after they walked out were told to throw them away. None of these people had any training to deal with their claims handed to them. USAA was talking about losing Copart somehow they decided to stay on with Copart. Now employees are told not disclose when things are really recieved from the owners to process their claims. Mail getting lost or misplaced. It's just horrible really what is going on all on the expense of the USAA customer. Thats who suffers. I'n not blaming USAA, but hope they figure out the truth about this 3rd party. I have been a member of USAA no problems with normal claims. Copart didn't enter the picture until a few months ago. Copart handles the part of the claim that processes the titles for owners back to USAA to a salvage title. Then the car is autioned off by Copart. Copart making money on someones misfortune. They help USAA get the lein holders paid off. But again, not their priority seller. They claim to be a veteran owned company but veterans are not treated very well really. Im sure thats how Copart got the contract. Enough said. But i've been a member many years and worried now about how things are changing. Its no longer about the member to many feet in the fire.

No.  You need to blame USAA.

@Traveler66 Thank you for sharing your concerns. We would like to look further into the claims issues that you had. Can you please send A private message with the claim number so we can look into this matter? ~ Charles

wrote:
USAA is using a 3rd party to process your total loss claims called Copart. They have taken on USAA but do not have the enough people trained to process all the claims. They are also lowest on their priority list of all their contracts. When the bigshots came down a few weeks ago they shoved a list of USAA claims on desks, after they walked out were told to throw them away. None of these people had any training to deal with their claims handed to them. USAA was talking about losing Copart somehow they decided to stay on with Copart. Now employees are told not disclose when things are really recieved from the owners to process their claims. Mail getting lost or misplaced. It's just horrible really what is going on all on the expense of the USAA customer. Thats who suffers. I'n not blaming USAA, but hope they figure out the truth about this 3rd party. I have been a member of USAA no problems with normal claims. Copart didn't enter the picture until a few months ago. Copart handles the part of the claim that processes the titles for owners back to USAA to a salvage title. Then the car is autioned off by Copart. Copart making money on someones misfortune. They help USAA get the lein holders paid off. But again, not their priority seller. They claim to be a veteran owned company but veterans are not treated very well really. Im sure thats how Copart got the contract. Enough said. But i've been a member many years and worried now about how things are changing. Its no longer about the member to many feet in the fire.

We are all military veterans.  We know that the chain of command can't just dump all blame on the subordinates.  Those up the chain of command are responsible for what happens in a unit.  Thus, USAA is responsible for anything a contractor does or does not do.  All of us veterans did not sign on with USAA so that when things go badly USAA could just blame it all on the contractor.  We don't know the contractors, we know USAA [or thought we did].  We don't know USAA is blaming the contractors, but we can see in all the chaos and mismanagement that somethng is wrong up the chain.  When will the President/CEO step in and get things right.  Just sending out empty meaningless emails doesn't cut it.

To those of you down in the ranks, if you can only send out the meaningless pap directed by your superiors, I feel sorry for you.  What kind of job is that?

For those of you who hold jobs with authority, you aren't fooling all of us.  You can hide behind your obedient subordinates but we see you.  From the top on down, you are permitting what was a fine organization to go down.  Maybe not in flames but a failure for all of us who bought the "we know veterans" baloney.

I had a similar experience with a claim last year. Driver t-boned my wife in our van. Ended up totalling the van. USAA "handled" the claim, and got the payment from the other insurer. We got a rental car, and USAA rep kept telling us they were asking the other insurer about payment for the rental. Right up until USAA closed the claim, with no payment for the rental. They just lied to us--even when we questioned why they closed the claim when the rental had not been reimbursed. They said they would still be working on it--outright lie. And it's all documented in the claims center messaging.

I finally sued the other driver in county court, because it's actually pretty easy to do yourself, and got the reimbursement, plus filing costs, plus extra for cost of mileage to get a new car (replacing passenger vans not easy to do). But for USAA to string us along so they could get the claim "closed" ... that was sad.

Then we had a windshield shattered (golf ball) that we called about. Since our deductible was higher than the replacement cost, we didn't go through USAA to use their provider, Safelite--which has been a bad experience every time I've used them for anything more than a chip repair. Local auto glass place was cheaper and better than Safelite. Fast forward about 8 months, and got a chip in the new windshield. USAA had opened a claim for the shattered windshield--even though we never filed a claim. So we had to go through the run-around to get the chip repair and get USAA to see/acknowledge there were two different issues. A little human thought and service would have resolved that before it got confused. But those seem to be in short supply. And now they have shut down the ability to email them through the messaging option on their website, so things will be just getting worse.

@mt86

This is certainly not the experience we want you to have when you file a claim with us.  I'd like to have your concerns reviewed further.  I have escalated your situation to a subject matter expert who will be reaching out to you to address your concerns.   Please allow 2-3 business days for contact. -Mike

I’m trying to figure out how to post a similar experience I’m having right now. I’m a USAA member but the person who rear ended me and caused minor injuries is USAA as well and I feel like they are slow rolling me hoping that I’ll just use my medical payments on my insurance policy instead of filing a bodily injury claim. I lost four days of work because of this craziness and they are really making me contemplate switching homeowners and Auto insurance.

@Mthomas, I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the handling of your auto claim.  I have located your file and will engage your adjuster's manager regarding your concerns.  Please allow up to one business day for call. - Ina