Goodyear AZ. Car insurance MASSIVE 40% rate hike for no reason. can anyone provide some info about thiers and if USAA would care to provide a reason

walt123
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone recieved a 40% rate hike for car insurance in Goodyear AZ, without cause? I live in an area with little crime and very few car accidents and i drive very little. My driving record is perfect throughout multiple countries.  This seems like an unjustified price hike and all USAA told me was the standard response companies provide when they don't want to explain. "the rate is based on a variety of factors" and so on. Well low crime, low accident area and a prefect record not sure how that accounts for a 40% increase.

If anyone out there has recieved OR NOT recieved a price hike in this area over the past lets say 6 months please let me know. This doesnt seem to be a legitimate price hike so im just investigating further.

5 REPLIES

@walt123, I appreciate you taking time to share your comments and we want to help with your concerns. Please see our response to your additional post. Thank you. -Paula

I already have the minimums there is nothing to reduce. what i want to know is the specific reason for the outragious premium increase especially when there is no cause 

@walt123, I reviewed your policy and notated the causes of the increase. They are available to any insurance representative via phone or chat that you reach out to, and they will be able to discuss them in detail with you. ~Danielle

@ wrote:

@, I reviewed your policy and notated the causes of the increase. They are available to any insurance representative via phone or chat that you reach out to, and they will be able to discuss them in detail with you. ~Danielle

I called and got the same response i recieved before. there nothing i did to incur the increase it is based off the risk for the state. where i actually live doesnt matter. So apparently the number of accidents has increased dramtically given my %40 increase i would assume that means there was an increase of claims by 40%.  it must be like bumper cars elsewhere in the state.  this seems like a phony excuse to jack up rates for safe drivers in good areas.

Ohh, they also specified EVERYONE is being given this 40% rate increase so if you have not received this increase please let me and everyone else know.

@walt123- Hi, we for sure don't want members to think we are phony, I see we went over the increase with you over the phone, we appreciate your feedback about the premium. I am going to share your post to have the situation reviewed. Thank you. ~Shawna