Highlighted
FaithfulMember
Contributor

My husband and I both applied for life insurance through USAA. We both Scuba Dive, and we both drink alcohol very infrequently. I was approved, and he was denied on the basis of PTSD, Scuba Diving, and Alcohol Use. Relating to PTSD: He has had zero suicide attempts, does not take/need medications, and is very resilient. We find no reason for USAA to have denied him on the basis of PTSD, and feel that the decision not to insure him was unjust. What can we do to appeal this?

Most Helpful

Oh gosh @FaithfulMember, I appreciate you reaching out to us today. I was able to locate your profile, please bear with me while I share your concerns with the appropriate area. Once reviewed they will contact you. 

I do also want to thank your husband for his service to our Country. -Emily

5 REPLIES

Oh gosh @FaithfulMember, I appreciate you reaching out to us today. I was able to locate your profile, please bear with me while I share your concerns with the appropriate area. Once reviewed they will contact you. 

I do also want to thank your husband for his service to our Country. -Emily

Thanks Emily! We'd just really like to have his application reconsidered. We appreciate it!

I am having the same issue, before I went to take care of my PTSD/TBI and other injuries, I had a $2 Million Life Insurance for $3) something a month as I do not smoke or drink much.  I do have a service dog.

But trying for Life Insurance and Certain Retirement programs, will not take me at all.  So would like to get my finances in order and plan for the future afetr being disabled.

P.S. I am a Comercial Diver/DMT, and a Master Diver.  :)

@Bubba76 ,  This feedback is hard to hear. I am going to forward your post for review. Thank you, ~ Suzy

Was this resolved? If not, I seriously hope you consider consulting with a lawyer, or at the very least, your state representative.