If I am renting a moving van for a day, does my USSA insurance cover me or do I have to get the insurance offered by the rental company?


Hi there, @NameGuy. Great question! If you have a regular auto policy with USAA, then all coverage will extend to you while renting the moving van except physical damage coverage to the moving van itself due to being a commercial vehicle type. We would recommend obtaining the physical damage coverage through the rental agency of your choice so you can close that coverage gap concern. 


Also, remember that USAA members receive discounts for all kinds of rentals through partnering companies. You can find more information here:


Please, let us know if we can be of any further assistance or direction to you! ~ Steven