LLLL1
Contributor
Members,

I am learning more about CCC and USAA that is more disappointing. I'm finding that I'm not alone in fighting a losing battle with regards to my recent auto insurance claim that ended on a total kids rating by CCC. I understand that it's the job of the insurance company, any insurance company, to pay out as little as possible, but the lengths USAA and CCC area going to are ridiculous. I don't expect the payout to be huge but fair...Yes. USAA has had my business and that of many others for more than 20 years only too eventually disappoint and "screw over". At this point even supervisors aren't attempting to help me.

7 REPLIES

I’m in the same situation. I have left numerous emails and voicemails and cannot ever get a call or response back. I was told that I could send in my own comps for CCC to use and all they did was add on 7 more of their comps and didn’t use mine. When I questioned how mileage was deducted or added on to the comps (because none of the calculations were the same), USAA or CCC could not explain the calculation to me. We are about $1500 off of what I believe I should receive. To USAA, $1500 is more valuable then keeping a long time member happy. I hope everything works out for you.

I'm having the same experience - car was a total loss and USAA is lowballing the settlement amount.  Now the claim is dragging on for weeks.  

I actually got a call from someone who reports to the CEO’s office. This is the first time I felt optimistic and that someone actually listened to my concerns. Don’t give up or give in! If you keep expressing your concern on these posts (like I did), someone will reach out to you that can get the ball rolling. The total loss reps pretty much have no say so, so it has to go to someone higher up. Fingers crossed and I’ll keep you updated on what happens.

I’m right there with the rest of you. Anyone have a written copy of the arbitration process?

Leave USAA and never look back. 

Same experience here...20+ year member, low ball offer, only looking for what’s fair, no communication, etc.. except claim was almost 90 days ago. This is my first auto claim so I discussed with numerous family members (all USAA members, 3 with previous total loss claims) at Christmas. All were shocked by how poorly claim was being handled, especially since other driver was at fault. Apparently the inflexibility, lack of communication and delay tactics are a new thing. Seriously doubt we’ll be members for another 20+ years.

this is certainly not the experience we want you to have when you file a claim with us.  I'd like to have your concerns reviewed further.  I have escalated your situation to a subject matter expert who will be reaching out to you to address your concerns.  Please allow 2-3 business days for contact.  Thanks~Mike