My Chkg
Contributor

Does USAA allow someone to insure a vehicle that they dont own? The vehicle is registered to someone else that lives in a different city. 

4 REPLIES

Thank you @My Chkg for reaching out to us via USAA Community and with your question.  Please allow me a few minutes to research and review your question.  ~ Marco

Thank you for your patience @My Chkg.  I was able to verify some information for your question.  Most private passenger vehicles registered solely or jointly to the named insured and resident spouse/family member(s) are acceptable.  Hope this information helps you out with your inquiry and if you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate reaching out to us for assistance.  Thank you for your membership and trusting USAA with your insurance needs.  ~ Marco

Not exactly our situation. My spouse is the registered owner of a car that he gave to his adult son. The Son does not live with us nor is in in th he same city/county. He is also planning to leave the car registered to my husband. We have already deleted the car from our policy. Can his son get insurance coverage for the vehicle even though its still registered to my husband?

@My Chkg, I appreciate you sharing this information with us. To best address your question, we'll need to further discuss it with you or your spouse in greater depth. To protect the security of your account, I won't be able to further address it here and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. I'll be happy to note this information in your account for reference. 

For immediate assistance, you can chat with us online while you're logged into your account. When you're on a page where chat is available, you'll see Reach a Representative or Ask USAA at the top right. Select the drop down menu, then select Chat. If you prefer, please call us at 210-531-USAA (8722), our mobile shortcut #8722 or 800-531-8722. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you! ~ Stacy