2% Applied to Wind Damaged "Other Dwellings"

FWL
Contributor

I have a dwelling policy which is valued at over $1M so (in my case) if wind damaged my house the deductible is approximately $20K.  In my case my "Other Dwellings" were damaged by wind.  The value of the Other Dwellings is around $125K on my policy.  I was told by the claims folks at USAA that the 2% applies to "any wind damage" on my property, even though the Other Dwellings are insured separately on the policy.  Why doesn't the 2% or my standard deductable apply to the Other Dwellings?  This is causing me to seek other insurance for all of my policies with USAA, which is substantial.  I have been with USAA for 60 years.

Tags (2)

4 REPLIES

@FWL, We're happy to help you with your questions and concerns regarding your Homeowners Insurance Policy. You may contact us by phone or via secure online chat. To chat with us please login to USAA.com and select your home policy followed by the Ask USAA button located at the top right-hand side of the screen. If you prefer to contact us by phone please call us at 210-531-USAA (8722), our mobile shortcut #8722 or 800-531-8722. Thank you for taking time out of your day to communicate with USAA. ~ Shane

Shane,

I already talked to the claims folks.  I need to talk to someone that really knows what they are talking about.  Thanks.

@ FWL,

Thank you for over 60 years of membership, and please know that we do not want to lose you as a member.  I'd like to have your concerns reviewed further regarding your deductible. I have escalated your situation to a subject matter expert who will be reaching out to you to address your concerns.  Thanks~Mike

Thank you for indicating you would have a subject matter expert get back to me.  I appreciate that.  Have a great day.