Highlighted
Contributor

Hi, I am currently trying to buy a home. I have about a 560 credit score. I want to use my VA home loan to get a home. I about 25,000 in debt. Most of my debt is from loans. I have a 2,000 dollar credit card from amazon that I haven't been paying on and I owe 1800 on it. I have a 660 credit card that I owe 649 on. I have another credit card from best buy that I have a 500 credit card and I owe 420 on. Also another credit card thats 300. If I pay these credit cards down with the 10,000 dollars that I have saved will it help my credit score.

4 REPLIES

Highlighted

Duchi,

Thank you for reaching out to us in Community. I would recommend giving our Financial Improvement Team (FIT) a call. FIT helps members with Debt Management, budgeting and building and maintaining good credit. If you would like to speak to this team, please call (800) 245-9360 between the hours of 8am-6pm central time. Best of luck to you.

Highlighted

i just read the credit repair article and i have many similar issues as my younger lad has. i to am in debt about 25000 including auto loan which is most of it. when i am on track and not spending foolishly i do pretty well. my credit score was well over 600 but now with all my od fees,8 and counting in one month! i definitely need restructure of my finances and my wasteful spending and also my drinking too much especially on the weekends. as of right now i am basically near homeless. i want to change these destructive patterns i fall into. i am 69 and still cant balance my checkbook or hold on to a cell phone for very long. i realize there are many redflags going off when you read this but i assure you i am a determined man who has faced many crisis and came out of it a better man. i amworking with the va to help resolve some of my issues. my most pressing problem right now is not being able to find and keep an apartment,my cat and i are staying with a friend in her living room but i really dont like the choices i have made. i will seek out and accept  any ideas your readers might have for my plight. i had an eviction.2 years ago though i had only been in the apartment a month and felt i had to move because my cat was so traumatized by the jet flightpath just above our studio.the good news is i am actually doing better than some years ago so i guess i can just keep trying .

Highlighted

Dear Irrylwhn,

Seems like you are taking a great first step and seeking help. Like Angela mentioned above, I recommend giving our Financial Improvement Team (FIT) a call. FIT helps members with Debt Management, budgeting and building and maintaining good credit. If you would like to speak to this team, please call (800) 245-9360 between the hours of 8am-6pm central time. I wish you the best of luck!

Highlighted

Hey strongly recommend tat you check out some AA meetings in the area.  The promise nothing except to help you stop drinking.  The funny thing is this:  if you follow their program, your mind will clear and you will be able to start taking the steps to turn your life around.  Thankfully I got their before I had serious financial consequences, but I would have had I not gone.  Take care and good luck.