I just found a water sopt near the top of my wall in my living room. I was going to get up on the roof but my wife thinks I shouldn't. We heard a loud bang in the house several weeks ago. What should I (we) do? 


Good morning @Confused3875, you may need to investigate things in order to determine what type of repairs are needed.  If you have access to your attic where the water spot is located, then go up and see if you notice any areas that are wet such as your decking. Another option is to contact a local  roofing company to have them check out your roof.  Whatever the case, a third option is to submit a claim either through your mobile USAA app or over the phone. - Ina