Water Damage- Claim Settlement Disapointment

NSDQ64
Contributor

USAA member since 1978.  We recently had the following experience.

• Pipe failed in kitchen wall.
  • USAA certified contractor (water mitigation) came in like Grant taking Richmond.
  • Contractor removed cabinets unnecessarily and cracked granite countertop. 
  • Water event created less damage than contractor.
  • Cabinets are now discontinued.
  • USAA adjuster is indicating that replacements do not have to match existing/remaining.
  • Incident occurred 1-4-18 still no estimate on 1-26-18 0700 PST. 

Hate to say that after forty years of loyalty, I feel like I'm getting the run around.

6 REPLIES

@NSDQ64, thank you for your 40 plus years of continued loyalty with USAA. I am sorry that you feel as if you are getting the run around and will do what I can to help.  I located your account and sent notification to both your adjuster and their manager requesting a review followed up with a phone call to you.  Please allow one business day for a callback.

Sorry you went through that. Makes me nervous to continue with Home Insurance with USAA, have read stories relating to dragging process out and undervaluation. 

I have the exact same issue.  I had damage from a drain pipe in the kitchen.  It was necessary to remove the damaged cabinets. In order to do that, the granite countertops needed to be removed and it cracked in the process.  The supplement to replace all the granite was submitted and denied by my agent.  I'm being told that USAA does not pay for matching.  However, I know cases from other members where the entire countertops in the kitchen were replaced.  I am really disappointed with this and USAA.  I thought my water damage claim was to restore my home to its previous condition.  I have been trying for two days now to speak to someone higher up about this.  Called multiple times, posted on the communication claim center and no respone.  On top of all the frustration and stress from all the damage and mess, this is very upsetting.  I've been with USAA for almost 20 years and this is not the USAA customer service I know and have come to expect.  Very dissappointed.  

Hello ACO2000, thank you for using Member Community to share your experience. Your 20 years of membership is important to us and I would like to help.  I am going to have this matter escalated to a claims service manager for additional review. Please rest assured that someone will be in direct contact with you to address your concerns..

Thank you for your response.  I did receive a phone and have the issue resolved.  

Thank you for the update ACO2000.