Highlighted
Contributor

I've been searching for a home for about a month now, and I'm finally submitting my first offer!  I'm really excited and anxious at the same time, but the pressing concern for me is the VA Loan process.  I'm putting an offer on a condo that doesn't have a VA Condo number yet, and from what I can tell it's not an easy task to get the paperwork completed.

Will USAA help me in this process?

3 REPLIES

Highlighted

Raulium,

I don't have personal experience with this, but have read several issues with this recently.  I've heard the process can be rather lengthy with getting the VA approval, and in many cases the end result did not turn out with the required approval from the VA.

Shoot USAA a message from you account with your question, they are very good about getting back to you within 24 hours.

Highlighted
I agree. It's a very lengthy process and usually fees have to get paid in order for it to get approved. Sometimes condos don't get approved because there are more renters than owner occupied units. Good luck!
Highlighted

Hi raulium,

I consulted a mortgage expert here and this is what he had to say:

The process for VA approval is typically far too lengthy to complete within a normal purchase timeframe. Many condominium management companies aren’t willing to take on the cost and documentation rigor required. All of the interaction is between the management company and the VA. Unfortunately, there aren’t any tasks for to lender to help shorten the timeline.

I hope this helps, Thank you for posting!